Notices

Closed Thread
just installed it on my n810 yesterday, and I must say, its getting almost fully usable now. Still hangs occasionally, but usually its pretty smooth. Like, really smooth. Like smooooth scrolling through pages and UI elements alike (it looks a little jerky thanks to the lack of hardware graphics support, but its keeping up with your finger). A little disappointed that weave isn't working (http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3ea8c249502a6b), but with how well tabs and the awesomebar are working, I may just keep this version installed

Also, don't remember if this was added in beta 4 or not, but the application now uses the firefox icon

Last edited by notnarb; 2009-11-12 at 03:28.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to notnarb For This Useful Post:
FYI. I had to use these instructions to get the latest version: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fenn..._on_Nokia_N810

So far... looks great. ALMOST had the Google Toolbar installed, but then was given a Fennec message saying it was incompatible. (Google was going to let me though!)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your post which made me upgrade fennec to 'firefox'. It is a very nice broser indeed and I really hope that we will see Google gears for firefox on the N8x0 & N900 one day. I still prefer tear as a (faster) browser but this may change soon.

I also have a question: how do I get rid of the following error message on firefox startup?

[JavaSccript Application]
Browser._content is undefined

Originally Posted by rocketscientist View Post
Thanks for your post which made me upgrade fennec to 'firefox'. It is a very nice broser indeed and I really hope that we will see Google gears for firefox on the N8x0 & N900 one day. I still prefer tear as a (faster) browser but this may change soon.

I also have a question: how do I get rid of the following error message on firefox startup?

i get the same error. i fixed it by never closing the browser :P

This is an absolutely gorgeous browser. I'm sitting here typing on my N810 and it has already autozoomed on the text box, and informed me that autozoomed is not a word... haha.
This browser is AMAZING compared to Tear and Microb.
it's gorgeous....such perfect UI....

But it's quite the resource hog...

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Definitely a giant step from the last fennec release. I'm getting some odd behavior -- like this reply window jumps out of sight, seemingly at random; and, while typing, I'm not being offered word completions.

Ah, it's not so random. It jumps away when I hit the Return key; and it also jumps away when I reach the end of the line and it enters automatically a soft return.

Also, while it's taken away predictive text, it now highlights my spelling errors. I MUCH prefer predictive text.

Also, I can't find a way to highlight text with my N800.

OTOH, it seems to be a clever UI for a small screen.

Well, there you have my initial stream-of-consciousness assessment on the new release. I anticipate finding many more positives. (Still, at this point it seems to have more fanciness than MicroB or tear but more annoyances, too.)

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-11-12 at 09:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Can it finally open links in new tabs, copy link locations or save images? I always uninstalled previous versions because it couldn't.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by chenli View Post
...But it's quite the resource hog...
The app shows 4 MB, but I suspect it takes much much more than 4 MB. I also notiiced 'odd' behaviors or crashings occur when it ran out of system resource, and it stayed 'full' after crashing. It runs without any crash, so far, when running with 100 MB more space . How do I gain more space? Do it the old fashion way . Repartition my SD boot disk.

It installed fine on 770 running 2008He but it wont run , error message "illegal instructions". Thank god, tear runs just fine on my lovely 770/2008He!

bun

It’s recommended to change the default firefox of N900 for this one?

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rocketscientist View Post

google will eat your brain some day soon! why dont we start up something like google without all this strange "we want to track everything but we never use it"? I wont use google apart of the search engine and the maps...

Closed Thread

Tags
browser, mozilla