Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
I think they will start counting the shipping date only in december

http://www.noradsanta.org/

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
this one's from twitter

RobertHall

RT @nirave @nokiaflagshipuk #n900 release date next monday 16th. Pre-orders releasing then as well or today as email stated?

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
It's quite easy to see how it happens, actually.

"So chaps, I just got off the phone with HQ. we finally have a launch date for the N900, part number GONEOQGNEQOGNEQIOG. The 9th of November."

All it needs is one person to mishear or typo from the chain of the person making the decision all the way down to UK retail, and you've got the 9th instead of the 19th.
And none of the Nokia people here can spot that and tell us it's a simple error because....?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by ewan View Post
And none of the Nokia people here can spot that and tell us it's a simple error because....?
Because they got out of this hellhole of a thread 1500 posts ago?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Additionally likely, because they simply don't know. People on the technical end of things aren't likely to have the first clue when something is going to be launched - that's ultimately down to marketing and sales.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by switch2ux View Post
this one's from twitter

RobertHall

RT @nirave @nokiaflagshipuk #n900 release date next monday 16th. Pre-orders releasing then as well or today as email stated?
that is a question to nokiaflagship store not them giving dates, thought i'd state that b/c messages from twitter look misleading when not on twitter lol

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NokiaLand
omg what a ********,its like would you trust a politician if he says i will correct things and fix the poor and the unemployed and peace and love to all...trust me when 19th comes they say that it will be week50 and shipping starts...if they dont get it to stores before xmas i will buy 500-700e phone someone else than nokia

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by switch2ux View Post
I don't think Peter will post his comment here again ....
He was basically being William Shatner and telling us N900 Trekkies to get a life

Also perhaps telegraphing then- that there are still issues, so they do not know either.

Still, I am sure some all knowing sales rep will have the date for sure this time My guess is we are called N900 Nuts when reps talk about stuff during breaks and lunch

i still wait tuktuk said his phone shipped today. our lucky that nevergonnahappen

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
that is a question to nokiaflagship store not them giving dates, thought i'd state that b/c messages from twitter look misleading when not on twitter lol
I know ... was just to post some information

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange