Active Topics

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i tried dell when they had the e90...that was a delay...then a delay...then a delay again...then i canceled it because everyone else already had it.

then again, with the e71....delay,.....delay.....delay...then i just ordered it directly from nokia...

dell is a waste of time...

also, with the e90, i paid for the extended warranty and they refunded my money for the e90, but they couldnt find the hole they c rap out of before they could refund my warranty.

they never did refund it. i just ate the $50+ on that. :/

this dude doesnt get dells anymore.
doesnt even look.

Too bad it's only in the states so far, could've used my Dell discount here in sweden otherwise >.<

There is something very wrong with capitalism these days.
They call it free market but I can’t really think of a reason why we European have to pay the double of the price of things “made in Europe” than the Americans.
This is valid to anything from electronics, musical instruments and cars, etc.
$442 is 297 € and here we have it for 599€
Wouldn’t be more logic if they would pay more for the transport.
I have friend that goes to the states in December and I’ll ask him to bring me one, but it’s really a shame that I need to make this kind of scheme.

Originally Posted by drm View Post
There is something very wrong with capitalism these days.
They call it free market but I can’t really think of a reason why we European have to pay the double of the price of things “made in Europe” than the Americans.
This is valid to anything from electronics, musical instruments and cars, etc.
$442 is 297 € and here we have it for 599€
Wouldn’t be more logic if they would pay more for the transport.
I have friend that goes to the states in December and I’ll ask him to bring me one, but it’s really a shame that I need to make this kind of scheme.
Hey, let me comfort you a little bit... Here in Israel there's a 100% sales tax on all the vehicles!! and let's not talk about the cell phones.. a cell phone costs like a honda civic in America..
talk about not fair!

And that's exactly what I'm doin too. My bro lives in NY, and my dad's friend works for the postal office, so I'll have the phone mailed to me over here without getting charged a custom's tax

Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
They cant say no to store credit. WARNING, YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE CARD PER PURCHASE.

If you want to lock in the pricing at $519.00, place your order and when your gift card arrives change your method of payment online.
Thanks... but how do you change payment.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
i tried dell when they had the e90...that was a delay...then a delay...then a delay again...then i canceled it because everyone else already had it.

then again, with the e71....delay,.....delay.....delay...then i just ordered it directly from nokia...

dell is a waste of time...
Been there, done that. To those considering this deal: You will be the last ones to get your N900 with Dell. If that's not a problem, this is a good deal. I bought my Vizio 42" monitor through Dell because it was a great price and local dealers didn't even have the model. I tried to buy a number of graphics cards and other recently-released computer components through Dell in the last few years, and every time there were multiple automated calls to announce delays.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
When I initially ordered my N900 from Amazon I ordered the offered 3 year warranty. This warranty is from a company called Square Trade. I hadn't yet done anything about that warranty, but since I canceled my order with Amazon and went to Dell instead I decided to go in and see how it works.

I tried creating an account through their web page, but I never received an email. So I called them. The guy on the phone was very helpful. He created my account for me with a temporary password. I then explained to him that the warranty was purchased back in October and that I was wondering if the 3 year warranty started counting from the time of purchase or from the time of the product delivery. He said that it starts from the time you purchase the warranty. Oops #1.

I then explained to him that I had canceled my device order through Amazon and that I was purchasing it from Dell instead. I asked him if the warranty would apply to the device purchased from Dell and he said that it would not. He said that they can transfer a warranty from person to person, but not from device to device. Oops #2.

The good thing is that the warranty can be canceled within 90 days of purchase for a full refund. He was helpful enough to cancel it for me. I still think I am going to purchase this warranty for the device, but I am going to wait until it ships.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Well, after much debate and seeing this thread, I decided to get a N900. I missed out on using the coupon code with it

However, my wife get a discount through her work with Dell. She just bought it this morning for me for a total of $453 w/ free shipping and taxes included. Scheduled to ship 12/11 (Hopefully )

Just wanted to point out that you may know someone who works for a larger company that may get a decent discount with Dell. Then you just have to talk them into ordering it for you.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
That is a great deal. Congratulations!

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Gilbert, AZ, USA
My Dell SB order ($442 + tax, using the 15% stackable coupon code from yesterday before it was shut off) is still "In Production". I'm hoping they've already cancelled all the orders they were going to cancel...

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard