Active Topics

Lol @ throwing yourself on the ground.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by REMFwhoopitydo View Post
are there any purpose designed latch points on the n900 frame, i.e. so slimline protective cases can grip onto each side of the n900 without inhibiting the slider mechanism?

i ask because i want an otterbox style protective case that won't stop me using the keyboard, possibly like this device:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GreyMobiles-...7438965&sr=1-7

but i have no idea how it is fastened to the n900 securely enough that it won't just fall off................. unless nokia left some 'latch' points that screen protectors can just 'click' into.

any ideas?
That is a nice link. I am sure many are going to want that option. I don't think that is what I want though. I think I am going to keep the N900 as is, not even a screen protector, but I do want it safely tucked in a good leather case while not in use.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
are there any purpose designed latch points on the n900 frame, i.e. so slimline protective cases can grip onto each side of the n900 without inhibiting the slider mechanism?

i ask because i want an otterbox style protective case that won't stop me using the keyboard, possibly like this device:

but i have no idea how it is fastened to the n900 securely enough that it won't just fall off................. unless nokia left some 'latch' points that screen protectors can just 'click' into.

any ideas?

this is a very nice case but why is it only on the amazon UK site? and is it an actual case or a concept or something because the pictures look a bit sketchy ... but if it is real its allows you to use the keyboard which is awesome.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
I think Noreve makes some good cases. Their N97 case looks nice and is reviewed here

http://www.casescoop.com/2009/07/03/...ack-by-noreve/

Based on this I would expect the N900 case to be similarly well made.
Yet they don't have a thing for the N900. These guys has it so you can customize it to your preference for $40 (Chinese made)

Last edited by x61; 2009-11-05 at 20:08.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
I have nothing to add to the duscussion, just want to wish woodyear99, TC3 and goodfellabk718 welcome to the forum and maemo.org!

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Orderd myself a 3M DQC-160. Should be the best screen protector out there.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Orderd myself a triple pack of DQC-160, should be the best screen protector out there.

Costed me 18 euro's including shipping to the Netherlands.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Missouri

any ideas?
I had a similar case for my N96, it uses small "clips" to grip between the 2 sliding parts of the phone (screen and keypad). Not sure if this makes any sense Anyway, the one I had was cheap from ebay (maybe relevant), very poor quality, rubbed against the keypad slightly when sliding, and broke after about 2 months. Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to kopele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
That is a nice link. I am sure many are going to want that option. I don't think that is what I want though. I think I am going to keep the N900 as is, not even a screen protector, but I do want it safely tucked in a good leather case while not in use.
I'm not a fan of these crystal cases, I've seen too many break. They are too brittle and will crack the first time you drop the phone. I guess at that price you could keep replacing it. I prefer a case with a rotateable belt clip.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thor For This Useful Post:
Well, there's the official Nokia's slipcase the CP-321. It seems quite good, I'll buy and pair it with a screen protector.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector