Active Topics

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Kusk View Post
Apparently 3 different service providers(DK) and sellers of mobilephones have actually moved the release date forward to next week. Could this be it?
I think they are countering the DROID invasion!

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
This place is going to go nuts when that happens... the screams and shrieks of delight will bring adolescetnt males running from all corners of the net to find out what the fuss is!

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
I'm not really going to buy one, since I will get it from my uni, but it would be sweet to have is early in DK. We'll see

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Remember that US and France have different keyboard layouts. Also pre-loaded content such as Maps will be different. But if you know how to flash the device, you should be able to get the French version flashed onto your device.
Hi Peter,
This is like a requeriment on nokia frecuency, don't know how You handle it, maybe the delay is because of it , it could be a dumb question, but still here I go:

How about WCDMA 850/1900Mhz?
Maybe a software update could handle it in future?

TIA FYI.
Kind regards,

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Overland Park, KS
Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lpcEJ92ZbU
the best video ever!
I think I'd rather be Rick Rolled.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Evry, France
Just got this update email from Amazon.co.uk:

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Nokia N900 Mobile Computer with Maemo 5 Software"
Estimated arrival date: December 03 2009 - December 04 2009

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.
Note: I have placed my order in Sept. and this is the 2nd time the date has changed so far.

Things are starting to look bad.

Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
Just got this update email from Amazon.co.uk:

Note: I have placed my order in Sept. and this is the 2nd time the date has changed so far.

Things are starting to look bad.
I just got the same email from Amazon, and I have just cancelled my order. Nokia has lost a customer today and I'm sure I wont be the only one.

Fairwell Maemo. Hello Android.

Yep, I'm tempted to switch to the new Droid now. I'm really disappointed by Nokia.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I shall cancel the pre-order. I may just wait it out, and see what happens. Or I may give up on the idea altogether and but something else. I shall, call, but not make any hurried purchases.

But I have to say, I think this is very shabby.

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2009-10-31 at 12:10.

I think I'll just leave the preorder as it is right now and wait for Droid to be released in .eu. If I get the n900 delivered to my house before I can order the Droid then I'll stick with Nokia, otherwise I welcome my new Motorola overlords.

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda