Just for fun I tried to stream some of the video i'd just converted using the Nokia 770 video converter (version 1.30) and it worked!!
I'll try and be brief:

I have some videos i'd already converted to watch on my treo with tcmpc at 320x240, 300kbps video, 32kbps audio avi file which would not play on the N800. I used the video converter mentioned above and converted them with video resolution N800 High Movie (400x240), 512kbps, audio 64kbps, optimized for full screen, 2 pass conversion.
I'm using Mac X 10.4.8 and Phillips Media manager (free) server for mac. The video quality is quite good and completely watchable!!

This changes everything. Now I can convert and watch the hours of PVR tv i've got on my tower hard drive and watch it from anywhere around the house!!

If i just convert directly form MPG-1 format of the PVR (eyeTV) (not from the already compressed video) it will not stream due to buffering problems.

looks even better.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Innsbruck
Originally Posted by jp770 View Post
looks even better.
I can confirm that the new version of media streamer 1.2-12 supports video streaming of .avi files converted using video converter from UPnP server to 770, too. In my hands, Canola 1.0-beta2 on 770 is not able to recognize .avi videos on media server.