Notices

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Bug was already raised: http://bugs.linuxtogo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
I don't understand but I recompile the same source than before in order to try to add the borders to the home applet and I can't add the borders but now it's working the google calendars with the 3 calendar which I am subscribed. I supose that it's some change in google calendar because I only made changes in the widget and my changes did it nothing... :-))

The errors in the xterm are the same, but now it don't crash

~ $ gpe-calendar
Updating festivos
The profile contains the unsupported custom attribute X-WR-CALNAME.
The profile contains the unsupported custom attribute X-WR-TIMEZONE.
The profile contains the unsupported custom attribute X-WR-CALDESC.
The profile contains the unsupported custom attribute X-LIC-LOCATION.

I made some cosmetic changes in the gpe-calendar-home applet and now it's working better for me, it's resizable, it uses the theme of home applets and works with google-calendar in subscriber mode (I suppose that this is because it's compiled just for N800 because I didn't change nothing it that way)
Attached Files
File Type: deb gpe-calendar_0.73-21_armel.deb (182.4 KB, 363 views)

Thanks Avalon!

Subscribing to Google Calendar doesn't choke my N800 now! Now if there was only a workable way to sync back as well.....

Actually, all we really need is reliable importing AND exporting of ical .ics files. I can import Google Cal .ics files, but GPE cal dies when trying to pull the same kind of file from Apple's iCal. It complains about Apple's Duration tag, which actually is in complete compliance with the RFC.

Aloha,
-Jeff Mings

should i gather from the implication in the above that the new .deb file will not install a properly working gpe calendar on a 770?

john

I didn't compile for the N770 but for the N800. I don't know if it works in N770, but I think that the original gpe-calendar from the repository works fine in N770 (just in subscribe mode with gpe-calendar, exactly like mine).

yes, gpe-calendar works just fine on the 770, but i was hoping to install the smaller home window.

john

Then try this. It's compiled for the 770 and harcoded the size to 400x100, smaller than the original one.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...5&postcount=17

I'm not sure if this is applicable to this thread.

What types of "Subscriptions" work in GPE Cal? I've tried links to ICS files, RSS feeds (calendar feeds), and webcal:// links. Nothing seems to work. I do get an error when I try the webcal:// link, but nothing for the others.

Anyone successful at adding a web-based calendar in GPE-Calendar?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Thanks Avalon,

I tried to install the new .deb flle that you posted here, but when I tried to download it and intsall it on my N800, I got the 'Unable to install: applicatons packages missing" message with these listed:

lbcrypt11(>=1.2.2)
libgnutls13(>=1.5.3-0)
libsoup2.2-8(>=2.2.97)
libtasn1-3(>=0.34)

Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.