Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
I set up my GV number as my GSM voicemail number, meaning if someone calls my GSM line, and I don't pick up, it forwards them to my GV number, which will in turn ring my VOIP and any other phones, and if I still don't answer it goes to my GV voicemail.

So my GV replaces the GSM providers voicemail.

To set up conditional forwarding on T-Mobile, in your phone enter:
Code:
*004*yourGVnum#
and then press send, and then any calls which would've gone to your original voicemail will be forwarded to GV instead.
Are there any per call forwarded charges incurred?

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Are there any per call forwarded charges incurred?
T-mobile gives me 500 forwarding minutes per billing cycle, I haven't gone over yet, but I think after those 500 are used up, it will be counted as regular airtime minutes.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
Can't google voice send voicemail and sms to your gmail now? Maybe it is just sms, though, not sure
it is just an SMS with a speech-to-text translation the sound clip lives on the server.

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewcc For This Useful Post:
It would be nice if we could have a GV app similar to the Youmail apps.

Though it would definitely help if GV had an official API as Youmail does.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
For those who are puzzled by the term visual voicemail: see Wikipedia. Its a graphical user interface to the voice mail menu you used to access via numpad over GSM. Good news is, some folks are collaborating on making a standard for visual voicemail.

In the days of the answering machine the person who phoned paid to leave a message. Queue voicemail, you pay twice. And again to configure the damn thing. I don't like it, I rather put it off. If it is important 1) I phone back 2) person who phoned sends SMS 3) or that person phones back. No need for voicemail. At worst, if really necessary implement it on local level on the device, much like an answering machine.

Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
Since I plan on getting involved with some dev work related to video-calls, a Google Wave invite would come in mighty handy.

I presume that Google Voice is part of Wave?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
hi what is gv and can you please just guide me in brief

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
Since I plan on getting involved with some dev work related to video-calls, a Google Wave invite would come in mighty handy.

I presume that Google Voice is part of Wave?
GV isnt part of wave, AFAIK - YET. Makes obvious sense to integrate it. HogWash, PM me for invite to wave.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by fahad65 View Post
hi what is gv and can you please just guide me in brief
These should get you going:

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html
http://www.google.com/support/voice/

It might be a long wait to get a GV invitation. If you don't have the patience, you can buy an invitation on Ebay for $1-5.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sky4vip View Post
GV isnt part of wave, AFAIK - YET. Makes obvious sense to integrate it. HogWash, PM me for invite to wave.
If anyone needs a GV invite, PM or email me.
sky4vip, by any chance, do you have another wave invite to spare?

Tags
visual voicemail, voicemail