Is there any chance that the prices of the N900 will go up when it comes out, after the pre-orders will be sent out? or even before the pre-orders will be charged? what do you guys think?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
I would really doubt it... Else everyone would be reselling their device!

It will depend on the retailer. Amazon's price is a pre-order special, so the price will increase after units start shipping. For the nokia store, they will most likely stop giving out free bluetooth headphones. Any other place that isn't advertising a pre-order special/promotion will probably keep the same price (unless the phone starts selling like hotcakes - supply/demand).

That's what I'm thinking, because by now, Nokia pretty much knows the demand by all the people who pre-ordered. So I'm wondering if there's a point to wait a little bit for the prices to go down a bit, or maybe there won't be a change in price at all for the near future (or maybe even an increase).

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Well it'll never go above USD 649..
Unless there's a major major shortage in the market.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Prague
nokia would go against itself, if they sold n900 for too much - currently it's a single maemo mobile device, and unless they convince developers and powerusers to 'spread the word' and make the platform competitive, they will have pretty hard time pushing maemo into the world of symbian, android, windows mobile and LiMo...

on the other hand, the chipset used isn't exactly cheap, and probably nokia is already 'selling' it for less than it usually would (well, iphone 3gs sells for quite a bit more than n900, and yet it should contain almost the same hardware).. i think the price could go down a few euros, but i'm not sure it's worth waiting 1/2 year (esp. when n900+1 will be released in a year or so)

I'm curious how long do you expect the price to stay at the current range?

For those of you who pre-ordered an N810, how long did it take for the price to start dropping from its original price?

Originally Posted by unkno View Post
It will depend on the retailer. Amazon's price is a pre-order special, so the price will increase after units start shipping. For the nokia store, they will most likely stop giving out free bluetooth headphones. Any other place that isn't advertising a pre-order special/promotion will probably keep the same price (unless the phone starts selling like hotcakes - supply/demand).
Try it on www.nokiausa.com, they have already stopped giving away free bluetooth, which means they have a pretty high demand and they know it and want to get every nickle and dime they can get.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post: