Hi!

I bought a bigger MMC-card for my N770, and created a folder called data on it (using it to sync with laptop over unison and ssh). But:
- I created the folder in /media/mmc1/.archive/data - but it does not show up in the file manager (though of course in mc). What do I need to do to make it visible in the filemanager?
- there seems to be a /media/mmc2 as well, that is empty. What is this for? The MMC-card seem to be formated in one bit partition (1GB), so why this folder??

Regards,

Magnus Larsson

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
/media/mmc1 is the root of your mmc card. the subfolder, .archive is hidden by default, becuase of the prefix of ".". rename teh folder to archive and not .archive, and you should see it and its subfolder, data, in file manager.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Ok, thx, I get it. But what then is /media/mmc2?

Magnus

/media/mmc2 is your internal memory card (the one you install next to the battery)
/media/mmc1 is your bottom loading card (external slot under the stand)

Though maybe someone can chime in as to what .archive is used for before you go renaming it, as it seems to be on my card as well. You'd most likely be better off making a new folder in the root directory ( /media/mmc1/) than renaming the .archive

Originally Posted by rob View Post
/media/mmc2 is your internal memory card (the one you install next to the battery)
of course this doesn't exist on a 770

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
i think the .archive folder on the removable media is a "trash" folder, that is created when you delete something. the deleted item would then wind up in the .archive folder. i could be wrong though. i have deleted it off my card without any issues.

the idea of moving the data folder to the root of the removable card is a good idea as well.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Ehrr.... the /media/mmc2 exists on MY N770....??

Magnus

The Following User Says Thank You to MagnusL For This Useful Post:
/media/mmc2 exists as a directory on the N770, but nothing is mounted onto it.

J