Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
attila77, I was able to get a Monday flight due to the Sunday difficulties-- so why are you encountering resistance?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Probably the cost. There is a single Sunday 11AM flight to Serbia, so I pleaded for Monday if possible at all (my exact words). They still rather chose to fly me out of Hungary (that's a whole different country there, requiring a fun combination of car, long distance bus and a 4 hour train ride ). It IS cheaper to fly out of Budapest though (plus the room cost for the night) - they never explicitly said money was the issue - just picked that option... But hey, travel is adventure, and if that extra money can be used to secure direct flights for you long range folks or help the budget of the Summit in other ways, I'll gladly spend those extra few hours coding/surfing/prepping images for flickr/blogging about Summit impressions on the train

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Shortly after getting the mail that Iīm sponsored I contacted Nokias travel agency. They sent be a proposal about the flights and I agreed. Since then nothing happened. Thatīs of course not a problem, but I feel a bit uncertain now. Are we supposed to get any final confirmation about the flights? How will we get the tickets?

Would be nice if someone could answer that! Thanks

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Ask the travel agency. There is nothing we can do here.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Shortly after getting the mail that Iīm sponsored I contacted Nokias travel agency. They sent be a proposal about the flights and I agreed. Since then nothing happened. Thatīs of course not a problem, but I feel a bit uncertain now. Are we supposed to get any final confirmation about the flights?
I got an email saying "can you confirm these and the tickets will be issued 21st September". I confirmed them, and on 21st September received an itinary/e-ticket.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I did as well.
Did you also receive e-mail allowing you to vote for Maemo Community Council? Just wondering...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just ended up buying my own tickets and expensing them to Nokia. They weren't the cheapest tickets to Europe I've ever bought, but compared to the price the Finnish travel agency could get, it looked like I was buying them from RyanAir instead of KLM. I wonder why they were being charged so much by KLM, but I wasn't?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Did you also receive e-mail allowing you to vote for Maemo Community Council? Just wondering...
I did finally get the e-mail, yes.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I just ended up buying my own tickets and expensing them to Nokia. They weren't the cheapest tickets to Europe I've ever bought, but compared to the price the Finnish travel agency could get, it looked like I was buying them from RyanAir instead of KLM. I wonder why they were being charged so much by KLM, but I wasn't?
I don't know, I only know KLM is expensive and have a habit of (temporarily) losing your luggage much like described here.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
I didn't get the email. Tim or someone from the team, can you send me the arrangment email so I can sort out travel.

Tags
summit