Active Topics

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean
Originally Posted by digittante View Post

Quad-band GSM phones have been around for a while now, why can't OEM's just make 'quad-band' 3G phone and eliminate all the confusion?
And 900Mhz would make it 5 bands.
Engineering and/or build cost problems?

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by MaxiKana View Post
I don't think no one really knows yet. AFAIK Nokia have changed their manufacturing in recent years to cut logistical costs to a model where they try to make the handset as close to the markets as possible. So I'm guessing the US handsets won't be made in Finland since the factory in Salo will be producing handsets for the EU market.
I don't think that Nokia manufactures handsets at any location closer to the US than Salo.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I don't think that Nokia manufactures handsets at any location closer to the US than Salo.
yea but as for the previous mobile N97 it was made in china .. for the us version offcourse ...

Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
yea but as for the previous mobile N97 it was made in china .. for the us version offcourse ...
I belive Nokias tolerances are the same for every factory. I doubt quality is an issue in the Chinese handsets compared to the ones made in Salo. I'd say the ones made in China are of better quality since you're more likely to lose your job if you make a mistake in china when compared to Finland where it's almost impossible to get fired --> people tend to be lazy. Quality control is in place to catch handsets that aren't within tolerances.

Most quality issues with Nokias handsets are of a design nature rather than of a construction issue.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
hmm... I am not a Finn but I have been living in Finland for quite some time and I dont think Finns are lazy at all..

Maybe depending on the industry one works this can hold the truth but still...
I have seen some weird things like people playing games at work (where I come from people would be fired straight away) but still they manage, somehow, to gtd.

Maybe we have deviated a bit from the post topic... :P just MAYBE!

Btw, I have ordered my N900 and I am damn anxious for it to arrive.

The Following User Says Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
That's gonna go over well .......
I am a Finn, and people who work manufacturing jobs tend to not really care about their job and do it poorly compared to people who actually are responsible for something. Assembling mobile phones is not really that fun.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Platania (CZ), ITALY
Originally Posted by generationally View Post
Did a quick twitter search:

http://twitter.com/Rotkaeqpchen/status/3816099816

I always say to wait the official announcement of nokia
email: antoniodicello[at]gmail[dot]com
blog: http://rafanto.net

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
I am a Finn, and people who work manufacturing jobs tend to not really care about their job and do it poorly compared to people who actually are responsible for something. Assembling mobile phones is not really that fun.
Thats plain bs and a stupid generalization. I used to work in a manufacturing factory as a summer trainee back in highschool and I would say that those bluecollar workers I met were really hard working and honest people.

This kind of talk is just ignorant and doesn't have a base on any facts.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Btw, was it delayed or not?

I have pre ordered and if it takes more 12 days for the N900 to arrive I can go walking to Espoo to grab one by my self :P

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Well it cannot ship on 1 October 2009 in UK because that is (or was?) the launch date in DE & IT.
Maybe N900 is sold on summit
That would be ok for me and worth the trip to Amsterdam all alone :-)
(at least better than to preorder - have it delayed - only getting it AFTER the summit...)