Active Topics

Notices

I'm looking for an easy to use personal wiki to keep all my school notes organized. I used xournal last year, but I didn't like how slow it could get sometimes. I eventually switched to just using the notepad and a bluetooth keyboard (which is fine because my handwriting sucks). I'm thinking a personal wiki would be great to keep things organized. I looked into TiddlyWiki but I can't get the javascript prompts to stop. Anyone have success with this? There was a thread dealing with it, but it didn't work for me. Would it be better to install php and use a regular wiki? I also do a lot of diagramming and would like to be able to draw images and incorporate them in my notes as well. MaemoPad+ looks great for that, but I want something I can sync to my PC. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
Except for drawing, Conboy might be useful to you. I think it's compatible with the Linux app Tomboy Notes.

tiddlywiki seemed to work ok for me. I'm not sure what i did.

The animations were dead slow on the tablet. turned them off

Last edited by superbondbond; 2009-09-07 at 23:50. Reason: clarification

What browser/os did you use?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Southwest USA Desert
As long as you are conected to the Internet EVERNOTE is an ideal program to keep notes, copied articles, scanned items, and sketches. All are searchale and emailable. Excellent to keep track of literally eveything. Unfortunally they do not have an offline app for Maemo/Linux, although the local PC app is good. If you can stay connected, give it a try.