Active Topics

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I did not pre-order. I could not find it on nokia usa website. This is a comment from one of the twitter users. I guess you dont pay anything extra for pre-order.
would probably have helped if you wrapped that twitter quote in either "" or quote tags...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
From my understanding i don't think the n900 has been submitted or approved by the FCC and since the due date is October first i don't think the 850/1900 version will come out any time soon.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by iamNarada View Post
Er.... actually, the n900 listed on the Expansys preoder is not Tri-band UMTS, it specifically says dual band, and neither of the bands are bands that work in the US. Maybe they're just not mentioning the 1700. But buyer beware.
Expansys is known for this. They are speculating its release, and getting as many preorders so they can have an idea how many they need to order from distributors. I'm hoping a quadband model supporting 850/1700/1800/2100 to cover all us models.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
Ha! You and me both. While we're at it, why don't we wish for non contractual data plans so that we could switch to whom ever was offering the best plan or had the best coverage at the moment.The quad band is still possible, there is such a thing as a request for confidentially to the FCC, which at the very least delays when they make testing and/or approval information public. But I think it's more likely that there will be a separate model that appears later for AT&T. That's what T-mobile would want, and I think Nokia realizes that the majority of the market they're after will not be able to get the n900 without a carrier subsidy, so they need to keep the carriers happy. All speculation of course, just my 2 cents.

Last edited by iamNarada; 2009-08-31 at 02:59. Reason: grammer

You must also realize that Nokia won't allow at&t to do the branding and locking down of the device, and they probably don't even want it, since it would cripple their network further with its data hungry browser and nature.

this could be Nokia sticking it to at&t for being so demanding, oppressive, and limiting to its customers, and in turn, Nokia's customers.

What exactly is the difference in keyboard between the German and the Italian e.g.? Does anyone know if I can order it to Denmark? Sadly there is no nokia store available for .dk

My n810 is with english keyboard and that works fine. But German might actually be better since the keys are almost the same (ö = ø, ä = å and so on).

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
grrr...
It's not avaliable in the uk shop, maybe I'll have to get it shipped to a friend in Germany and then here to the UK if it doesn't show up in the UK shop before end of September.

"Die Auslieferung erfolgt nur in Deutschland."
Deliveries are made only in Germany.

******* ******** ;-)
Patience, gentlemen!

French beet the UK: http://boutique.nokia.fr/nokia-fr/pr...&culture=fr-FR

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Humm ... French store ... sold out ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post: