Active Topics

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
T-Mobile just informed us of data plans specific to the T-Mobile G1 (these do not include the voice plan). The first plan has unlimited Web, e-mail, and messaging for $35. This plan includes:

* Unlimited Web
* Unlimited e-mail
* Unlimited messaging (text, picture, and IM)
* T-Mobile HotSpot data access
So, the T-MOBILE plan turns out to be $5/mo more? Interesting.....

The second plan has unlimited Web and e-mail and 400 messages for $25. This plan includes:

* Unlimited Web
* Unlimited e-mail (unlimited, part of Web/data)
* Unlimited IM on Google Talk
* 400 total messages (text messages, picture messages, non-Google Talk IM)
* T-Mobile HotSpot data access

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
So, the T-MOBILE plan turns out to be $5/mo more? Interesting.....
Yeah but if you want only the unlimited data and 400 sms it is 25$. So it is 5$/month less. SO the cost of the device considering it as a 2 year contract will be less by 120 $.

I thought T-mobile had $25 unlimited text and data plan. Please correct me if i am wrong. If that is true it is 5$ less than the iphone plan.

Coming to you already having 2 iphones..... well you had the advantage of getting the iphone by signing a contract. So i guess it is now the advantage to the t-mobile users. I am sorry that your area doesnt have t-mobile 3g.
So, sucks to be us AT&T users, eh?

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Rogers appears to use T-Mobile's frequencies here in Canada.
Nobody has corrected this yet, so I will. In Canada, Rogers and Fido both use the same 3G frequencies as AT&T. Those two (actually only one company/network) are currently Canada's only GSM providers so unless Nokia releases an 850/1900MHz version then they are *ignoring* all of Canada. I'd buy an n900 if it weren't for the fact that I can't actually use it.

EDIT: Don't even mention tethering. That's what I'm doing with my n810 right now and honestly I'm not even bothering 90% of the time anymore, simply due to the time it takes to connect (via BT).

Last edited by spock; 2009-08-29 at 00:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
That's strange then since my American wife using T-Mobile came up here and boom, she's suddenly on the Rogers network so...?

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
That's strange then since my American wife using T-Mobile came up here and boom, she's suddenly on the Rogers network so...?
Likely, her phone supported 1700 AND 850/1900.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
...and now I can sit back and watch the arguing and angst that this has produced among the folks that wanted a cell phone radio built-in. Meanwhile, the telcos shall enrich themselves upon the tears of everyone involved and not involved alike.
You make a great argument for tethering.

Yeah but if you want only the unlimited data and 400 sms it is 25$. So it is 5$/month less. SO the cost of the device considering it as a 2 year contract will be less by 120 $.
I'm not interested in that plan...Apples to apples, Sachin007. Unlimited to unlimited...

Last edited by deeteroderdas; 2009-08-29 at 01:08. Reason: Trying to type on N800 kybd w/DS-lite stylus...

That map is of voice coverage. You need to click the data tab for data.
Yea, it automagically goes to voice... I pasted the link with data selected...

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by spock View Post
Nobody has corrected this yet, so I will. In Canada, Rogers and Fido both use the same 3G frequencies as AT&T. Those two (actually only one company/network) are currently Canada's only GSM providers so unless Nokia releases an 850/1900MHz version then they are *ignoring* all of Canada. I'd buy an n900 if it weren't for the fact that I can't actually use it.
I've got a nasty cold, so don't expect this to be correct, but...

I think we're talking about two different things. The N900 has a quad-band GSM radio (850/900/1800/1900) and a WCDMA/HSPA radio for data (900/1700/2100). So Canadians will be fine with the GSM (generally voice) connection, as Rogers uses 850/1900. Zerojay, that's probably why your wife was able to connect.

For data, as it stands, we're out of luck. But who knows, with several new service providers coming in the next few months, and Telus about the throw the switch on their GSM network, things might work out. Time will tell, Pinky, time will tell.

The Following User Says Thank You to TenSpeed For This Useful Post: