Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
It means that you can't send MMS to the iPhone for example but you can send MMS to any other MMS compatible device (like any other phone actually)
i would say that if someone cant see 3 letters in one spec page, same letters missing in another page, and not make the connection should not be allowed to operate anything more advanced then a pencil (lets just say i am tired of the epidemic that is willful ignorance).

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
It does now... but it did not work during the initial part of the release... that is why you see a vimeo link in the forum.
you're right... i'm sorry, it seems, that it didn't work for many people... it worked for me right on the beginning... strange^^

now for preorder on nokia germany:
http://shop.nokia.de/nokia-de/product.aspx?sku=6958534

599€

Well you should quote the whole passage...

It means that you can't send MMS to the iPhone for example but you can send MMS to any other MMS compatible device (like any other phone actually)
Whether I quoted it or not the point is that it is not CLEAR and concise. If it supports MMS as you say then they should have put MMS next to SMS instead of writing vague fine print. It's pretty obvious that you can't send an mms to a phone that doesn't receive MMS so I don't see the point in having the fine print there.

Plus I was told (from someone actually using the phone) that the phone doesn't do MMS currently so i'm not just basing this off what I read.

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Peter, the Ovi Maps program, is that going to cost money to use like wayfinder did?
i think it will be the same as for symbian devices - app&maps are free, you have to pay for (turn-by-turn) navigation

MMS is such an old technology I don't understand why it shouldn't have it, unless it's apple...

I'm sure your friend didn't look too carefuly, there's surely an menu entry for "insert media" in the sms app. Ask him again.

MMS is such an old technology I don't understand why it shouldn't have it, unless it's apple...

I'm sure your friend didn't look too carefuly, there's surely an menu entry for "insert media" in the sms app. Ask him again.
Just did....... and the answer is still no.. Unless he has an old software version.. which i doubt.

Originally Posted by sevla View Post
Just did....... and the answer is still no.. Unless he has an old software version.. which i doubt.
I still find it hard to believe, but anyway... as Maemo is an open development platform, no one's stopping the community to add this functionality.

The Following User Says Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
maybe I'm the only one not that excited because I can handle paying $450 for my n810 when I got it less then 2 years ago but $715 is almost double and well out of my price range. I would have liked to get one but even if I had to pay $450 for it like my n810 it would most likely still be to much for me right now. I think Nokia went a little high on the price to me.
Same here... and I wonder how all those people who yell "I want one now!" or "Where is the 'place your order' button?" have so much money to spend? One thing is for sure, I won't charge it on a creditcard :-) If the price goes down in a year, and If I can sell some of my own stuff on ebay... probably I'll get one. For $715... NO WAY.

I really like it, I wish it was about $450.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I bought it. I... I couldn't help, absolutely.

How many of us have already done so?

Last edited by debernardis; 2009-08-27 at 16:42.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
As I understand it, the only built-in app that can use portrait mode is the phone app. (And possibly the image browser app?)

I too would like to see as many apps as possible have both portrait and landscape modes, but that might take a while.
Not only software, but the integer OS (menus, offices, etc ...).

If Nokia has not developed all Maemo in Vertical mode, in addition to horizontal mode, the device will not be usable with one hand. Many people probably do not buy it for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to korbé For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, maemo, n900