Posts: 31 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Sarajevo, Bosnia
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
I bet what they are going to present is something slick, thin, durable, with a very nice UI, long battery life, which doesn't heat up at all...,
You mean like Iphone 3gs?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by manda View Post
You mean like Iphone 3gs?
It's surface area compared to heat dissipated. WIth a tablet, you've got a lot more surface, so unless you put in some beast of a processor, you should be better off heatwise than with a handset.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Sarajevo, Bosnia
yes, and we are all going offtopic.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
He might have been tricked by two-touch in the interface.
A further update... you're spot on Stskeeps

Spoke to my colleague today and asked about Rover. he said he thought it was capactive touch because he was able use two fingers to move stuff around on the screen; he said it semed to work very well.....this was months ago.

So looks like I might have made a mistake.
Looking on the bright side, it does appear the touchscreen sensitivity problems of the former tablets may not plague the RX-51.

As long as the touchscreen sensitivity isn't in the toilet like all the previous tablets I don't care whether the RX-51 screen is capacitive or resistive!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
man all the cool stuff happens while i'm away from my computer. Luckily I have my trusty nokia N810 with me! So the new photos look great, but I guess we're still left with the question of whether this thing is a phone or just data only. Or has that already been established and I'm just slacking? Also I LOVE the flush mount screen. Trying to click on things on the edge of the screen is a nightmare on the 810.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
well the fcc did test its EM output when held against a head...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
i don't think there is any doubt now that this is a phone.

Originally Posted by chilko View Post
some first hand info from mobile-review.com forum

"Apart from 32GB info, another whould be a 3D task switcher/manager (he compared it with live preview in Windows 7) and that it runs incredibly smooth compared to anything on market at moment (3D acceleration of UI, and that was something we already knew)! For moment that`s all! He wasnt sure anyway about stylus (can`t remember about it) and the QWERTY keypad is much better designed than the one in N97 (wich is a good thing)!"

The above post said that the task switcher/manager is comparable to the windows 7 live preview....

I found a video on the live window preview in windows 7...

looks nice..

The Following User Says Thank You to jandmdickerson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
The above post said that the task switcher/manager is comparable to the windows 7 live preview....

looks nice..
If by chance it does look like that video then I hope you can change the settings, such as transparency and speed.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post

looks nice..
Way back in February, a Russian journalist described a task switcher that sounds a lot like what I think the Fremantle task switcher will look like:

...a novel, transparent widget based interface. Each running application gets it’s own semi-transparent widget to put it’s content in. Multiple applications can be stored in memory “for months”. E.g. when you are writing a document or e-mail, just swipe the finger through the screen and semi-transparent panels with active or pre-set applications and their content pop-up. Select one and you can start working with it at once.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, iphone killer, n900, rover, rx-51