Active Topics

http://www.europe.nokia.com/accessor...0NavigationKit

What is included in the sales package?

The Navigation Kit for Nokia N800 Internet Tablet sales package contains the Nokia Wireless GPS module (LD-3W), Nokia Battery BL-5C, Nokia Mobile Charger DC-4, Nokia Holder for Nokia N800 (CR-86), Nokia Easy Mount for attaching the holder to car window (HH-12), Nokia Mini-SD card (1GB) with Navicore Personal 2007 navigation software, Navigation software with maps of the whole of Europe on DVD, and required user guides and support card.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Hi all

Does anyone know if the Navigation kit for the N800 will also be offered as a 'bundle' with an actual N800 tablet?

I initially thought it was, after reading the Navicore press release,

Navicore Personal 2007 navigation software will be available for the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet as a standalone Navigation Kit that includes the software along with a GPS receiver module and car holder, and it will also be available as a complete all-in-one Navigation Bundle that includes the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet in addition to the Navicore Personal software and GPS receiver. The Navigation Kit for Nokia N800 Internet Tablet and the Navigation Bundle is estimated to be available in March 2007 at selected outlets and Nokia online through www.nokia.com.
However going to the Navicore site today I can see the text about the bundle has been removed. Please see below, spot the difference, no bundle with a N800, separate kit only!

Navicore Personal 2007 navigation software will be available for the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet as a standalone Navigation Kit that includes the software along with a GPS receiver module and car holder. The Navigation Kit for Nokia N800 Internet Tablet is estimated to be available in March 2007 at selected outlets and Nokia online through www.nokia.com.
Does anyone know if it will be included? I'd like to know as I would expect the bundle option to be cheaper than buying separately. Or did Navicore make a mistake and thus silently changed their press release?

Cheers
Rich

Last edited by richie; 2007-01-28 at 18:49.