Active Topics

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Just saw on a Danish news site that Christian Sejersen - lead in the Danish Mozilla department responsible for Fennec, has left for Nokia.

Interesting - if he is picking up something maemo related at Nokia!

EDIT: sorry for not linking - didn't know how many knew danish. Found this (his own blog) in english: http://www.christiansejersen.com/blog/

Last edited by nikolajhendel; 2009-07-23 at 23:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikolajhendel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Exact URLs appreciated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
maybe this site (i can't speak danish...) http://www.version2.dk/artikel/11575...&utm_campaign=

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
maybe this site (i can't speak danish...) http://www.version2.dk/artikel/11575...&utm_campaign=
I read Danish pretty well:
He is making the transition to Nokia in August and Nokia have requested that he doesn't disclose the details about his new position yet.
It was an offer "couldn't say no to" and he is attracted to Nokia being in control of both their s/w as well as h/w development.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
It would be great if he would develop a better browser for Maemo. MicroB is a beast and Fennec is too slow.

Originally Posted by mgoebel View Post
It would be great if he would develop a better browser for Maemo. MicroB is a beast and Fennec is too slow.
Dood, you want Tear!

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by mgoebel View Post
You're talking about one piece of software that hasn't had a proper update since 2007, and another that's heavy and beta. MicroB in Fremantle will be worlds faster than Diablo's.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
You're talking about one piece of software that hasn't had a proper update since 2007, and another that's heavy and beta. MicroB in Fremantle will be worlds faster than Diablo's.
Nice to hear that - since I would not want to fill up precious memory with multiple browsers to get the best of multiple worlds.

But any source to that assertion or is it just your belief in Maemo5 being better all around ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
But any source to that assertion or is it just your belief in Maemo5 being better all around ?
No, my assertion is based on some familiarity with the movement of MicroB development, and my interactions with a number of MicroB and Mozilla developers.

The move from the Firefox 3.0a1 that MicroB is currently based on to trunk will, alone, provide orders of magnitude improvements in speed and usability. This is setting aside any UI and other improvements.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
This might be really really good. However the benefits of this person's position might not be felt for about 18months or so...

Considering his expertise, I would expect some more interplay with standarization in terms of how plugins work across Qt-enabled devices, I would also expect something on the side of a better WRT/widget framework to come out of this.

Too bad I'm not a betting man... this could be an easy win

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post: