Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Nope, looks like I won't give it a shot again... The same place - at the end of the progress bar just hangs...
Can you see if you can kick into rescue menu? Hold down home when it boots. Should help us diagnose - it's a completely fresh port and I didn't manage to test it yet so :P

Does it hang before or after the first boot wizard?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
maemian is a tool to do 'policy checking'. That is to say, it will look at your packaged software and try to make sure everything is installable and according to the policy that mer sets out. This allows for higher quality.

maemian is based on debian's lintian and is still in development. You can join the development on garage if you are interested. It is written in perl.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeremiah For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Thanks - I think it's more worth sending to someone who can give the platform more justice, though. N8x0 & SmartQ is a bit of a mouthful for me still. Mind if I poke you if someone worthy comes up?
Sure thing. PM me anytime if you find somebody that's worth sending it to.

I have everything in the original box, it was lightly used. If that's my only way to give back to the community, then I'm looking forward to it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Can you see if you can kick into rescue menu? Hold down home when it boots. Should help us diagnose - it's a completely fresh port and I didn't manage to test it yet so :P

Does it hang before or after the first boot wizard?
After, just before the progress end.

The boot menu freezes after clicking on an icon, doesn't matter which... Hmm, should I turn some R&D switches on/off?

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
After, just before the progress end.

The boot menu freezes after clicking on an icon, doesn't matter which... Hmm, should I turn some R&D switches on/off?
You can actually move in the items? Well, that's a improvement over 0.12 :P Home key bringing up rescue menu, and none of the items do anything? Thanks for trying, btw - wish I could make a more ready-for-testing image
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
I installed latest 770 testing version (0.15). I can not get any of my wireless networks shown on the list and creating a profile does not help either. Any ideas? At least normal mer boot from rescue menu works. Can not wait to try included Tear.
I'm using he2008 kernel, is this the right one?

Network manager says there are no network devices available

Last edited by mrp; 2009-07-13 at 17:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrp For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your efforts for N770 users.

Same for me, I can't manage the wi-fi to work. I had success with the wi-fi and mer 0.12 but I have "no network devices available " with mer 0.15

Seb

Originally Posted by belese View Post
Thanks for your efforts for N770 users.

Same for me, I can't manage the wi-fi to work. I had success with the wi-fi and mer 0.12 but I have "no network devices available " with mer 0.15

Seb
Hey, I'm just happy it boots

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Hey, I'm just happy it boots
so this is something that can easily been fixed?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Just out of curiosity; when exactly - as a guess - would you say Mer would be ready for primetime?