Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I needed a hex editor today, so I just used ghex from Ubuntu Jaunty (using my Easy Mer image). Worked just fine.

I would say that there's plenty of apps for the tablets.

If the question is, "Should I get the iPhone 3G or the N810," then the question isn't worth answering here, since it has been asked dozens of times here and the answers could fill a fat book.

If the question is, "Should I get an iPhone 3GS or an N810," then the answer is, "Do you want to spend more for a fast-but-closed current-generation device, or spend less on an old-but-open two-year-old device?"

If the question is, "Should I get a iPhone 3GS now or wait for the N900," then the answer is, "Depends on how impatient you are."

I'm looking forward to that "very close to desktop performance" sherifnix wrote about, except on a Linux handheld.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I picked up a 2nd hand 3g Iphone from a unemployed gent. I installed the 3.0 software and the unit is nice with many features, but I have not jailbroke the unit to see if there is a way to bluetooth tether the Iphone with my LG8600 like I do with my N810, working now with wifi only.....

If not the Iphone goes on the classified list, I refuse to pay $70.00 a month and bow down to AT&T....

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Have they fixed bluetooth in 3.0? It was a useless nubbin in the previous iPhone software. I think it was there only for BT headphones...

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Well, now there is AD2P and some sort of Bluetooth game thingy.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Have they fixed bluetooth in 3.0? It was a useless nubbin in the previous iPhone software. I think it was there only for BT headphones...
By fixed, you invariably mean OBEX or something like that, right?

Then no.

But if you meant A2DP,

Then yes.

But that's something that's not Nokia supported or fully supported/working on the N810 quite yet either.

But OBEX is much, much, much slower than wifi anyway... hate using it in 2009.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
But what about BT tethering? I guess if they still don't support BT file transfer, then probably no tethering.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
In 3.0, tethering is available in all areas but the US so far... blame AT&T. I can't test it yet, so I can't say.

I'm still not a fan of BT. Too slow...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
In 3.0, tethering is available in all areas but the US so far... blame AT&T. I can't test it yet, so I can't say.

I'm still not a fan of BT. Too slow...
I believe you can get tethering to work thru a "hack". Though you also could before the 3.0 OS update.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I just did the Jailbreak thing..but still have no idea what I am doing.

The bluetooth tether with Alltel is not real bad, sure beats nothing at all when in some isolated areas where I go.

If anybody has any info on the BT/DUN with Iphone 3g/3.0 please share, I have searched but not much action..

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Don't get the Iphone. If you just want to get it because it has a lot of apps, then you better buy Ipod Touch. And if you already bought N900, keep it.