Notices

I guess make sure its 1.2.8....

you could open up xterm and run dbus-switchboard.py then try your association and see if dbus-switchboard is enabled for that type... maybe it is and theres just a problem with the url. If you dont see any information pertaining to your file after trying to launch it then reinstall 1.2.8

I checked applicaation manager and it says 1.28. Here's terminal output

Code:
dbus-switchboard started
--
-- dbus-switchboard: Received an RPC to mime_open.
-- dbus-switchboard: RPC had arguments file:///media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College%20Park%20to%20Shadowland.
--
-- params : file:///media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College%20Park%20to%20Shadowland
-- params2 : /media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College%20Park%20to%20Shadowland
-- realparams : file:///media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College Park to Shadowland
-- realparams2 : /media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College Park to Shadowland
--
no handler found
--
-- dbus-switchboard: Received an RPC to mime_open.
-- dbus-switchboard: RPC had arguments file:///media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College%20Park%20to%20Shadowland.
--
-- params : file:///media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College%20Park%20to%20Shadowland
-- params2 : /media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College%20Park%20to%20Shadowland
-- realparams : file:///media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College Park to Shadowland
-- realparams2 : /media/mmc1/Directions-GPX/College Park to Shadowland
--
no handler found
Going try reinstalling, maybe something broke in an upddate long ago and i missed it till now.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

your file has no extension... you need to rename it with a .gpx extension

You can rename it from xterm, or a file manager like gpe filemanager or emelfm2

yeah that one doesn't, that's the ocelet one. the gpx one i mentioned is the ones named with .gpx

I reinstalled it (uninstall, reboot, install, reboot) and still no text/gpx entry in default. Clicking on files ending in .gpx starts roadmap

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Maybe I just dont understand, but when I download a torrent file from demonoid or pirate bay, why is it downloaded with no extension and i have to put one there manually?

Laughing Man : I installed roadmap. It left my mime type active so it works fine for me, but i can see he installed a mime package for roadmap so you must be picking up that. So if you havent tried already, enable the application/x-gpx mime type in defaults tab and see if dbus-switchboard picks it up.

If you know you never want roadmap to pick up the association you can delete roadmap.xml from the /usr/share/mime/packages/ directory. you might need to do an 'update-mime-database /usr/share/mime' as root to take effect.

If you want to rig up a side-by-side association then you could rename all gpx files to gpx2 and associate with maemo-mapper... thats a hack because you will fallback to application/octet-stream but it would probably work (if maemo mapper was ok with that extension).

munky : never had issue with p.b. torrents before but i dont save them... i just open them. if you choose to 'open' the download does it show mime type of 'application/x-bittorent' ? And does it return the same extensionless filename if you try from desktop?

There's also no application/x-gpx in my defaults tab =(. But oh well, I don't mind since I usually open up the GPX files inside Maemo Mapper, I just thought I'd test it out. Thanks for all the help.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Would it matter that I use tear as my browser? Microb is painfully slow for me

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I just opened http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4809...9_-_(Malestrom) fine using dbus-switchboard and Tear and I did not need to add no extension. Although, in the times you do need to add an extension; that could be classified as a tear problem.

P.S: I swear on my life I've never downloaded an IKEA catalogue.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-06-27 at 09:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for the fantasitc work so far- but I have a very annoying problem: I would like to open a videostream-link that looks like this:

http://192.168.99.2:3000/PES/S19.2E-1-1101-28106

it's from a vdr over network and must be opened with mplayer to work right- the default Nokia Mediaplayer cannot handle it.
I tried the following:

Defaults->video/mpeg changed from hildon-mp_ui.desktop to hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop.

because originally, the requester said type would be video/mpeg:

Then after reboot, this happened (where unbekannt means unknown excuse the german)

When I continue with opening, it just starts to download the stream instead of opening mplayer:

I think one of the problems is that the stream has no extension- but otherwise, why does it originally opens with the build in mediaplayer?

the joke is that there are no messages in xterm when dbus-switchboard runs from there

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance & have a nice weekend!

Michael