Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by fermunky
I am not sure if this is normal... but it didn't require any "pairing" in normal terms... it simply... connected... I just turn on the keyboard, make sure the light is flashing, and then hit the Connect option from the plug in, and it simply connected... no pairing prompts or anything else.
I wonder what happens if there are several Nokia 770s and keyboards in the same room together? But then I expect that must be the case with the developers . . .

Fermunky and I are limited to only Nokia SU-8W at the moment. The number of 770's in the area will have no effect considering it's the 770 itself which initiates the connection (The keyboard knows which 770 is asking to connect).

If we can get a second one in-hand we'll try it and follow up with you guys.

Thanks FoulPlay.

Chiming in on multiple 770's... the 770 does not broadcast it's BT visibility... 1 770 cannot find other 770's, just as cell phones and computers do not find the 770. Since there is only 1 keyboard where I am at, I cannot tell you what happens with multiple keyboards... maybe the plugin has it written in there to pop up a list of which are available...?

Originally Posted by Reggie
I was wondering if any BT keyboard will pair and work properly with the Nokia 770. Here are some (other) BT keyboards:

1. ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
2. Freedom BT Keyboard
3. i.Tech BT Virtual Laser Keyboard
4. Apple Wireless Keyboard
I just found out that the Freedom input BT Keyboard is nog working, because is needs special drivers :-(.

I was wondering if any BT keyboard will pair and work properly with the Nokia 770. Here are some (other) BT keyboards:
<snip>
I haven't had any luck with my Apple wireless keyboard, I always get a 'Bluetooth Connection Failed' message. I can see the keyboard via 'hcitool scan' though so I suppose that means it's ready and waiting...

Cheers .. Gwaant

1. ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
2. Freedom BT Keyboard
3. i.Tech BT Virtual Laser Keyboard
Thinkoutside Stowaway works fine for me.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
I know that the Freedom keyboard does not support the HID profile, only serial transfer. It requires special drivers and, from experience, the (new) windows PC driver does not work on my pc.

My advice: avoid It like the plague. It completely contradicts the BT philosophy of the Universal Peripheral. An extra row of number keys can never compensate for that.

Originally Posted by andymulhearn
Thinkoutside Stowaway works fine for me.
Is it possible to use a BT keyboard at the same time as a BT data connection (i.e. through a phone)? Or will the BT keyboard only work for WiFi connections (or no data connection)?

Will the Virtual Keyboard work with this plugin?

I mean, the awesomeness of both together would be like...

...wow.