Active Topics

Notices

I use pbxes.org (asterisks based) to manage my SIP services. I created an extension for my N800 and am using the default client on the N800. Everything works fine for the first few minutes or so after I connect, that is, I can make and receive calls just fine.

Unfortunately, after leaving my n800 to sit, it eventually half disconnects. That is, pbxes.org shows my device is no longer connected and will not allow my n800 to make/receive calls until I go to my n800 and cycle Presence Off and On again. HOWEVER, my n800 shows both GoogleTalk and SIP Connected. It never shows SIP in a disconnected state, despite what pbxes.org shows.

I've played around with Keep-alive mechanism and Keep-alive frequency in the Advanced SIP Settings, but this is not documented well in the help (is frequency in Minutes? Seconds? Hours?). I've tried frequency values of 1, 2, 127, 120, 123, 117 and cycled the mechanism through all of it's options.

Anyone else experience this problem? Is there a solution? This will cause me to miss calls.

How long before it loses registration? Is it always the same amount of time, or variable? Did the keep-alive frequency changes affect the time at all?

My experiences with the default Nokia SIP client have been rock solid, on the n810 and the E71. Do you have admin access to the asterisk server (if not, run one of your own to test it out). Standard tools like tcpdump and wireshark should lead you to the solution. Also, there's a way to tell Asterisk to keep a close eye on the SIP client (usually it ignores it until re-registration time). I forget what it's called but you could try that.