I just received the boxwave protector in the mail a half hour ago...

It now resides in the trash can...

Waste of $15. It is nearly impossible to get it to fit correctly with no bubbles around th edges! You MUST do it right the first time because if you attempt to pull it back up and reattach it, the edges bend in and cause HUGE bubbles to form!!

Thumbs down!

The Following User Says Thank You to lyonsroar For This Useful Post:
I've used the zagg.com ones. They're more expensive, but they last a really long time. Of course, that may be overkill with a new device due out in ~6 mos. and others here have had concerns w/their customer service (which I haven't had to deal with).

The Following User Says Thank You to dick-richardson For This Useful Post:
I have a three pack of Boxwave protectors, and I'm still on first one. If you get it on with just a few bubbles, leave it on. They'll come out. Use the cardboard that came with it to smoothe it on.

If you take it off, you can rinse it with water to refresh the adhesive. Shake dry, and apply. You can even wash it with mild detergent when it's off. They're pretty bullet-proof, as long as you don't crimp them.

Last edited by LordFu; 2009-05-22 at 22:19.

expertshield

long as there's nothing physically there. they will not bubble. smooth surface and dont even notice they're there.

I almost gave up on boxwave too. For one thing, it's ever so slightly too wide. Another is that applying it requires a clean room. Each time I had to reposition it trapped more and more dust underneath. The underside got scratched when prying it up with a razor knife, the only thing that would fit into the gap. When using tape to remove dust as recommended at their website some of the adhesive stuck to the screen. As it stands now, there are permanent air pockets around the perimeter as a result of it getting trapped under the bezel, a speck of dust trapped along the top, and no good way of removing it.

I recommend the Zagg ones, though if you're paranoid about dust, you might want to think twice as there's always going to be dusy between the screen and the shield, and once it's on, it's hard to put back on again. Though being able to use a regular pencil as a stylus is nice.

Removing the boxwave now will be a pretty delicate operation. I'd left the nokia-applied protector in place while waiting for the boxwave and was content with it--except for the two stickers blocking the view.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Pinoy in NJ
Originally Posted by equivocal View Post
Removing the boxwave now will be a pretty delicate operation.
The trick that works for me is to get a masking tape (or the blue paint tape by 3m) and place it on one side of the screen protector (SP), preferably at the corner. Make sure it bonded good then you can pull it out and the SP will go with it and you can remove it all thereafter.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARPRINCE For This Useful Post: