Active Topics

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Near: Gilroy, CA
No guarantees, but I think you could always change your MAC address on your NIT to spoof an iphone or the n95 (I'm sure that there's a list of OUI's somewhere on the internet that includes those devices)...

Only problem is that the last time I read something around here that had something to do with changing MAC addresses, it leaves the NIT without WLAN until the address is changed back... is that still true?
http://thecubed.com

The Following User Says Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Also, I found out Boingomobile is also very useful, $7.99 for a month in many airports.

bun
I just reactivated my boingo mobile account today. Boingo has an "email promotion": 3.98USD/month (50% off)for the first 3 months. No commitment. Cancel anytime. Call them directly if you can't signup online.

Last edited by dkwatts; 2009-05-14 at 16:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to dkwatts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I just got in from London to LAX this afternoon, and was greeted by a pretty good (4.7 Richter) earthquake tonight.

Unfortunately, my N810 equipped with battery extender was almost useless on the what, 10 hour or so flight.

The vibes were just too distracting to enjoy reading Jane Austen's Persuasion with FBreader. I played a couple of games of Nako.

Then I abandoned the N810 and watched a couple of episodes of 30 Rock and The Office on the American Airlines system. The sound was awful, but it worked. Then I mostly sat and stared and watched to see if the Lavatory was occupied or not.

I saw a Kindle during my three-week trip, and it looked awesome.

Overall, I suspect that happily flying and using anything for an entertainment medium doesn't work well for me.

I did read an engrossing 700+ page book about Alexander Hamilton on the cruise ship, between London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, and Copenhagen. It was an actual book, on paper, a medium I had forgotten about.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
...It was an actual book, on paper, a medium I had forgotten about.
That is the good thing about a physical book, you dont need to look for battery extender nor Wifi signal. The trade off, one do have to make a difficult careful choice before the trip, as your carryone is limited . Good to hear you have a safe trip.

bun

Tags
air travel, get connected