Active Topics

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
I wish I could give you more than just "Thanks."
Seconded. If Reggie has to pay for even one of his drinks at the next Summit, the community has failed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
What he^ said...

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
P.S. Does Reggie have a PayPal account?

Tim

VERY NICE!!!
I also send many thanx!!!

desiv

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Awesomtacular!!!

OMG, dude, I could just hug you. The classic dark is perfect! Just one minor, minor suggestion. The text for links needs to be a soft to medium blue, not the blaze orange that's there. Other than that, I love it! Thank you very much!

EDIT: Opps, found another glitch with the classic dark theme. Some vBulliten and other system text is black or very dark gray and is thus invisible unless highlighted. Just FYI.

Last edited by Lord Raiden; 2009-05-09 at 03:43.

Thank you so much Reggie! Sorry if I sounded too harsh earlier. Your work is appreciated. Everything looks fine so far, except for maybe ditching the INTRO DOWLOADS COMMUNITY....SEARCH header at the top of the page when using the light classic theme.... but no rush, enjoy your weekend, itT is back for many of us!

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
OMG, dude, I could just hug you. The classic dark is perfect! Just one minor, minor suggestion. The text for links needs to be a soft to medium blue, not the blaze orange that's there. Other than that, I love it! Thank you very much!
EDIT: Opps, found another glitch with the classic dark theme. Some vBulliten and other system text is black or very dark gray and is thus invisible unless highlighted. Just FYI.
These things are easy to fix yourself, as Quim suggested in another thread, and to your exact personal liking, unlike anything poor Reggie could do at the server level :-)

Three easy steps :

* add an extension to your Firefox named "Stylish". A lot of people seem to think that the new 1.0 version is a step back over the previous 0.5.9 (ring any bells ? :-), so I installed the latter.

* go to talk.maemo.org, click on the Stylish icon in the status bar, choose "write a style for talk.maemo.org"

* to get started, copy/paste the following CSS code in the Stylish editor, inside the braces :
a:link, body_alink
{
color: #CC6600 !important;
}
a:visited, body_avisited
{
color: #CC6600 !important;
}

Hit "Preview". CC6600 will give you links in soft dark orange that I find easy on the eyes but don't jar too much with the maemo.org graphics. If you don't mind that, you can use anything you want (blue, yellow...), it's easy with the "insert colour" button above the editor.

I haven't looked into the black-on-black issues you mention, but it's just a matter of looking in the source code for the page, finding what CSS class the offending text is using, and overriding that in Stylish in the same way as above...

Last edited by fpp; 2009-05-09 at 12:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Even easier now : I have uploaded the example above (plus a font size increase) to the
userstyles.org repository. Now you can import it directly from Stylish using "find styles for this page".

Share your own tweaks !

Last edited by fpp; 2009-05-09 at 14:20.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
fpp, installed and using it!
extra thanks

is there a way to get the dark theme to be enabled even when not logged in (via some stylish or GM script?)