Notices

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ South Bend IN
That definitely is odd, last update I did a complete removal of the data file directory and didn't run into the error you're reporting. Have you done anything odd with your user directory, or with permissions? Are you sure that the path it mentions is "/.mlb"?

I reflashed n810 and all ok, so I must have screwed up the directory. Sorry for false alarm. j

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ South Bend IN
No need to apologize, I could have easily screwed up coding a file path. I try hard to define path's at the beginning of the file and then just refer to them by name in my methods, but sometimes I forget or ignore it cause it will be a "quick fix".

Glad you got it to install and run. It does leave me curious as to what the problem was. I think that the home directory is looked up from the environmental variables, rather than hard coded as "/home/user", so if that variable was changed, or inaccessible, the path joining function may have assumed the root directory. Ironically, I started using this method to try and make the app "cross platform", since the home path usually depends on the user on other versions of linux, and on windows. I didn't expect that the variable could get messed up.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Seattle
I'm not sure if anyone is still using mlbviewer, but I've uploaded some changes to garage.maemo.org. I have added scores and innings, support for the hardware volume key for mplayer, and support for the hardware fullscreen key.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mlbviewer-gui/

mlbviewer_gui-0.1.1-3_all.deb
python-mlbviewer-0.0.5-3_all.deb

You MUST uninstall mlbviewer_gui before installing the new mlbviewergui. I had to change the package name because the version of dpkg-deb that I used won't allow underscores.

You don't need an account to view the scores.

The scores do not automatically refresh, you need to hit the refresh button. I didn't want to take up too many cycles.

The Following User Says Thank You to ehovorka For This Useful Post:
I have uploaded mlbviewer_gui-0.1.1-4_all.deb to garage.maemo.org.

My last fix messed up the config panel. It should be ok now. Sorry.

Is the simple-json module still required?

Originally Posted by fscker View Post
Is the simple-json module still required?
Yes, for now it is required. At some point we should pull it out as I'm pretty sure the jsp pages are no longer used by MLB (even on the flash stuff). The jsp pages are definitely not used by the mobile feed.

The Following User Says Thank You to ehovorka For This Useful Post:
It seems mediaplayer isn't very resilient when connecting over cellular. So if I lose connectivity it errors out. Do you think mplayer or kmplayer might be better? It should "just work" if i change it in the config?

I use mplayer, but I'm not connecting over cellular. You can specify a cache size for mplayer. A larger buffer might help. Change your .mlb/config file's 'audio_player' line to:

audio_player=mplayer -cache 1024

That will give you a 1 Mb cache - that might be too large. You'll have to play around with it. I'm not sure what the default cache size is.

Will mlbviewer to work with the n900?

Tags
mblviewer, mlb, mlbviewer