Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Who approved this add, off with their head!!!

Itt's blasphemy
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Hehe. Also, the last part of your post, I don't know if it was a typo, but itt works either way

Dude, how are you able to get the old theme? I like that one WAY better than this current one, even if it *DOES* match maemo.org.

I'm afraid just the homepage (http://www.internettablettalk.com/) has the old theme -- not the forums.

Or, you could head over to Internet Archive and see the forums with old theme...all the posts are from months ago, though (and sadly, I wasn't able to rip the CSS from there...).

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Well, I hope they give us the option of using the old theme in the forums again. I liked it better than this orange monstrosity.

I'm not a fan of the new theme on my desktop but it's much nicer on my tablet than the old one.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
in relation of the topic of this thread, at least maemo.org can afford not to show commercial ads to its users.

A lot of these adverts are autogenerated. Presumably the company that paid for that advert had some kind of automated system that placed the name of a Nokia product in front of the word "phone", forgetting that Nokia make more than just phones.

When the Australian naturalist Steve Irwin died, one of these autogenerated ad scripts produced a very VERY unfortunate advert:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09...y_steve_irwin/

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
There are ADs on this forum

Never seen any in my browser

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
There are ADs on this forum

Never seen any in my browser
They were fairly non-intrusive, at the top of the page.