Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Seattle
Sweet! Love the logos! I didn't get all of them though. Missing Texas, SD, Colo and LAA.

To install wget:
login as root
apt-get install wget

Nevermind. All logos show after I restarted again.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ South Bend IN
Yeah, I just found it in the extras repository. I can add it as a dependency and it should automatically download when you install mlbviewer_gui. But that doesn't help for those who don't want the icons (they seem to cause some tearing issues when scrolling).

Glad they're working for you, let me know if you see anything that isn't working right, well other than the obvious "everything." I'll update the SVN tomorrow after I put SVN on my windows 7 box.

logout is not working. I'm looking at why right now,

It looks to be intermittent to me, I get the login error on the jays-royals game, but not on the dodgers-giants, and I am sure that I tried switching between games earlier today and It worked. I'll give it another shot tomorrow when games restart so that I have more than two games to try swapping between.

on_b_play_stop_clicked doesn't have the call to logout and self.game_stream is missing. I added self.game_stream and assigned it on all calls to GameStream. Now I think I'm in MLB login jail, where you can't login too many times.

Code:
    def on_b_play_stop_clicked(self, widget):
        if self.mobile == 1:
            self.game_stream.logout
and anywhere you have 'g = GameStream'
Code:
        self.game_stream = g = GameStream(stream, username, password,
                       cfg['debug'],auth=authen)
and __init__
Code:
self.game_stream = None

OK, I'll try to replicate the trick that they used in the base lib. From what I could tell in the original mlbviewer, I think that the logout function is called after getting the stream, so that you don't run into this issue. I'll look closer and double check to see if I read it right. If so I should be able to make it work.

OK, I've updated mlbtv to logout after getting the media url. It loaded the dodgers-giants game for me after the change, but with only one game still accessible I couldn't test switching games. It does allow you to load the stream after having logged out though, which is how the original mlbviewer works, so hopefully we won't have an issue.

If you're account is locked out, hopefully that should clear the system by tomorrow, otherwise I think I've resolved the same issue in the past by logging in on mlb.com and then logging back out (definitely last season though, so it might not work). Let me know if you still have the same issue.

I downloaded the latest updates but when I try to start mlbviewer on n810 I get "unable to create directory /.mlb". Any ideas? thanks

Are you missing the HOME environment variable? Or is it set to '/'? It should be '/home/user'

Tags
mblviewer, mlb, mlbviewer