Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
When you click on a post's number (to open the post in a new window/tab), the post is shown with the weirdest formatting. Tiny text, all centered, gray background... very weird...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Maybe you can be more specific on why you hate it. Is it the color scheme, speed, etc. I guess the main question is, how can we make you like it.
My answer for this question is: I am used to the old format. Give me an option to use the old format, and let me move to the new format at my own time. Otherwise, you leave me no choice but to get used to the new format.

Specifically, I'd like to have a minimalistic theme with black text on white background.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Can a classic theme be made so it looks like it used to? I dont like minimalistic and too much orange on the talk.maemo.org.

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Strange borders show in my Firefox 3.0.9 enclosing the rounded corners - see the attached pic
Now that is weird. FF 3.0.9 on both PC and Mac renders the broders correctly. I guess it happens on the main maemo.org site too?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
When you click on a post's number (to open the post in a new window/tab), the post is shown with the weirdest formatting. Tiny text, all centered, gray background... very weird...
Good catch. That is definitely something I missed. I'll work on that tonight. Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
People, I think you should stop bugging Reggie about the aesthetics of this new theme. This is the theme that the maemo.org team developed, completely in the open, completely transparently, over the course of many weeks. There were lots of requests for input on the color scheme and the style of buttons, etc. We've all known that ITT is going to become talk.maemo.org and adopt the maemo.org theme. This shouldn't be a huge shock!

Focus, in this thread, on bug-fixing and getting the new theme working in all situations.

I think we should start a new thread discussing the possibility of "skinning" the whole maemo.org site. I think it would be cool if logged in people could change the theme elements. I mean, we're talking CSS here, it can't be terribly difficult...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by qole View Post
People, I think you should stop bugging Reggie about the aesthetics of this new theme. This is the theme that the maemo.org team developed, completely in the open, completely transparently, over the course of many weeks. There were lots of requests for input on the color scheme and the style of buttons, etc. We've all known that ITT is going to become talk.maemo.org and adopt the maemo.org theme. This shouldn't be a huge shock!
At the very least, give it a week or two before anybody starts major style changes. Most of the reactions here are the typical sort of knee-jerk "OMG things changed!" reactions you get with stuff like this, and most of them will be resolved simply by waiting.

That said, Reggie, how do you feel about a Bugzilla component for tracking bugs and enhancement requests?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Maybe you can be more specific on why you hate it. Is it the color scheme, speed, etc. I guess the main question is, how can we make you like it.
Drugs and perhaps beatings seem like valid options.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Now that is weird. FF 3.0.9 on both PC and Mac renders the broders correctly. I guess it happens on the main maemo.org site too?
I don't have the problem with iceweasel.

I tried on konqueror. Looks like something wrong in the css hell.
See attached.

Also why is png upload limited to 19k and jpg to 97k? Never understood this one in fact
Attached Images

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
CHANGE IT BACK!! Or give me an option to at least view it that way.

I don't like the color's
I don't like the layout

Can we just get Reggie to start a new site that doesn't have to look like this?

I may be able to get over the layout, however annoying it has become. But the ugly colors, its as ugly as the n800 when it was announced.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2009-04-29 at 18:56.

Tags
tired topics