I would send it in, but I got the device from my employer, but nobody knows where it was bought...

I had similar problem after installing Mer in a SD card. Just remove the sd card and reboot without it. It solved my problem. I found out its not the installation itself but just a bad card. I used another SD card and it worked fine but with the 8GB one with ext3 partition on it the device reboots at every 1-2min.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Brampton, Ontario, Canada
my n180 is stuck in the reboot cycle as well.

i tried the "lock after GUI" but that didn't work.

i'm gonna fully charge, then try the battery out 10 minutes. will report back after that.

my problem seemed to start just after april 1st (no joke) when an update [!] alert appeared, i can't remember whether i declined the update or i was getting a not enough memory available message. i'm leaning towards the latter.

i'm open for any other suggestions.
thanks for any suggestions!

oh ya i also did the manual type in to fix the internal memory issue for the 810:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...highlight=n810

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Finland
I just fixed my reboot cycle with a new battery The old battery was manufactured late 2007 and had changed its shape a little bit (thicker in the middle)

Originally Posted by pekkis View Post
I just fixed my reboot cycle with a new battery The old battery was manufactured late 2007 and had changed its shape a little bit (thicker in the middle)
so it hit mid-life?

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
You've tried removing the batteries for 10min too?
As promised, I said I would update after I tried the -battery for 10 minutes and I don't recommend doing this as the last 4 times I tried turning it on, I get the white splash screen with the blue nokia letters and then parts of the screen dissolve to black, then all black and then the unit shuts off. Doh!

Originally Posted by NateLikesClaire View Post
As promised, I said I would update after I tried the -battery for 10 minutes and I don't recommend doing this as the last 4 times I tried turning it on, I get the white splash screen with the blue nokia letters and then parts of the screen dissolve to black, then all black and then the unit shuts off. Doh!
I left this part out: after fading to black the white screen pops up again for about 2 seconds then shuts off.

I have my N810 stuck in a reboot-cycle as well... CRAP!

It goes past the screen with the blue bar...comes to the next..and then the led lights up in blue...and it resets...

I once got 'in' and deleted the swap file.
I noticed that the memory says it had 1K left....

This happened, I think, after trying to install a program from the App Manager and getting I had not enough memory (I didn't).

I can't uninstall anything through the App Manager as I get 'Operation failed" and I can't get to any installed apps.

I don't have an external mem card

ANY Help is GREATLY appreciated....

UPDATE/FIX:
For anyone that ever gets into a situation like this (no memory left on device..and it keeps resetting..and you can't open app managet) - and, like me, is a little bit on the noobie side, just do this:

- If you get to the device starting up so you can get in - open up your filemanager/emelFM2 and delete some files you don't need (image files, etc). Once you have, at least in my case, close to 1meg free - the App Manager starts working again and the reset-cycle ended.

Last edited by Tintin; 2009-12-04 at 05:31.

this happened on my n810 yesterday. I couldn't get to the home screen at all, it just kept rebooting and if it did reach the desktop, I would see some database error message.

Tried to flash reset and kept getting the authentication failed (windows clock error) so had to do the manual download and disconnect from the internet to run the setup wizard. Such a pain in the rear, but on a positive note the tablet is running much smoother even after restoring my backup!

It was definitely low on the internal memory, I wonder if there are some garbage files eating up space I should look for?