Active Topics

Interesting you'd say that - I was just going to suggest that we start a "Nokia conspiracy theory" thread.

People could post their favorite theories, and we could while away the dark days (weeks?, months?) discussing the pros and cons of each.

Now, where's my tinfoil hat gone to?

Originally Posted by bigboote
Interesting you'd say that - I was just going to suggest that we start a "Nokia conspiracy theory" thread.

People could post their favorite theories, and we could while away the dark days (weeks?, months?) discussing the pros and cons of each.

Now, where's my tinfoil hat gone to?
WOW.. Jan 31, 2006 now... I HOPE to see a 770 at CES...if they have any to demo lol..... I agree, there must be some QA issue(s) and/or adding more memory, etc. I am glad I cancelled mine and now waiting to see how this plays out.

I just noticed that the Nokia website changed the processing date of my order from November 14th to November 23rd. Not sure what to make of this. The status of the order still appears as open though.

Originally Posted by GoRaja
What this situation needs is some publicity. I have emailed Engadget.com about 770 delays.
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000077069302/

I will be eager to hear the "real story" from Nokia....

Has anyone tried calling Nokia USA's office (not the order center)? Contact info below:

Nokia Americas
6000 Connection Drive
Irving, Texas
USA
Tel. +1 972 894 5000

Here is the info for the press office:
Nokia Corporate Communications, Americas

6000 Connection Drive
IRVING, TX 75039
USA Tel +1 972 894 4573
Fax +1 972 894 4706
Email:
communication.corp@nokia.com
William Plummer, Vice President, External Affairs

I was thinking of giving them a call to see if I could get any more information on the 770 launch as the order people seem clueless.

Update: I just emailed Nokia USA at the email address above and also copied press.office@nokia.com. I'll be providing updates as I hear back from them.

Last edited by bennard; 2005-11-23 at 15:10.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Atlanta
Hey, see it got covered at Engadget.
Get in there and show your frustrations in the comments section. It will generate alot more PR. I guarantee it!

Thanks.
TONY

Here's the latest from my guy:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ted=1#post2621

Jeff

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Atlanta
If you have cancelled or plan to cancel your 770 order, please vote in the following poll:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...read.php?t=489

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Brussels
The US customers should maybe be happy that there is a delay.
I am located in Brussels.
In fact the device is not yet ready for the big mass launch. Posts in this forum show
they only shipped about 700 units.
I have been using my tablet now for three weeks and the browser is terribly slow and stalls or crashes frequently. The first few days it was smoothly but now it becomes slower and slower. Luckily there is an OS update since last Thursday which receives very good comments, but I haven't installed it yet. (have to do this with a PC - I use Mac)

But frankly I don't understand the cancelled order stuff. Is that out of frustration? Or did they already take your money? Or is it just that you lost confidence in the device?

Nokia faces a dilemma. Speed versus Quality. Both are needed to succeed today.
The launch was already planned in August. So, they finally launched it in the EU. I believe Nokia engineers are the most frequent visitors in this forum. So if they would have launched it in big numbers this forum would get bombed with complaints.
I have been studying and been working in Finland. Finns take everything very serious, sometimes to much. I am convinced they are working day and night to get this right ! Finns are also not very talkative and avoid to much public exposure. A complaint is a gift. But knowing the Finns, they will launch when it is ready and before you will not hear to much from them. Work hard, don't talk.
I believe a lot of Nokia engineers will do extra hours during X-mas holidays which again is holy to them. Maybe Santa Claus can help - he lives there ;-)