Notices

I had a glitch when entering the Cache DB location. What I wanted was - /media/mmc2/Maps/YahooStreet
What I got was - /Media/mmc2/Maps/YahooStreet, which (obiviously) won't work.

Somehow the text entry field was very persistent about setting the "M" as uppercase. I was able to work around this by entering /D/media/mmc2/Maps/YahooStreet, and then coming back to edit the entry and deleting the "/D", and the "media" stayed with a lowercase "m".

I posted this in the newbie forum, because, this could just as easily be a problem with me, but the behavior seemed a little odd, so I thought I would post it.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Normally the NIT will place a capital at the start of a text entry field as it assumes it's the start of a sentence. Look at the bottom right corner of the screen when you begin typing (this is assuming your using the keyboard on the N810). If it says Abc, then its going to place a capital and then automatically switch to lower case. If you want to don't want to use a capital at the start, press the Shift key, and your good to go.

Thanks, I had noticed the abc, and that it changed states based on the shift key, but had not noticed that it would change automatically to Abc at the beginning of the line of text. But if I am typing a web address, then it does not automatically cap the first letter. Odd. I need to poke around the settings in a little more detail to understand this one.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
It doesn't always automatically switch to caps. Web address is one of those. I think text boxes within the web browser also do not automatically capitalize.