Active Topics

is there a way that i can convert a ipod video downloaded from itunes and convert to a format that the nokia 770 will take?

I thought mplayer can read MPEG4, and ipod video screen is puny compare to 770, I suppose if you compress at MPEG4 320x240@23fps maybe around 300-500bitrate, I think it should play on both fine. Well, you gonna have to double check the spec on the ipod of which resolution it will play.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You're not gonna like the answer.

I bought iTunes videos in order to create a video DVD for my wife-- much like I do with songs from iTunes burned to CD. Unfortunately, there was no built-in option. After researching the issue, I found that iTunes is using a new encryption method on videos that hasn't been cracked, and they do not currently intend to offer burn-to-DVD option. Grrr!

I found an application called tunebite that claims to intercept the video stream and convert to an unprotected format. The demo worked ok, but a problem with the company's online purchasing system prevents me from getting the full version. Grrrr part 2. You may fare better.

&%$#! iTunes.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by Texrat
&%$#! iTunes.

I second that :P

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by username49
is there a way that i can convert a ipod video downloaded from itunes and convert to a format that the nokia 770 will take?
If the video is not encrypted, quick time will do that on the mac.

the video i had bought came from itunes and uses quicktime and protected and iam not sure if mplayer will accept it. but is there any other way that i can put it in my nokia with the same sound and video quality. tunebite does not work the demo will only do 30 sec of the song. .

i need more answers i am tired of searching!

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
look into ffmpeg. it is an open source (linux) project on sourceforge.net. it has the capability to convert may audio and video formats from this to that.

i cannot speak to the ability to convert files with DRM, but it will do quite a bit. you can take a dvd and rip it via ffmpeg to a supported format for playback on the 770 as well as PSP and ipoops
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless