Active Topics

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
Well, as the title says my N800 has started to do this random crashes.
the screen freezes, and the blue led blinks.
I am running maemo on my internal SD.
any thoughs?

sorry, Im going to give this a push to the main site. has anyone had this problem?

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
My n800 also does that. Yesterday when I was downloading maps on maemo mapper, a couple times it just rebooted by itself. It just freezes, then the led blinks, then it reboots. Also when I play mario war for more than a few minutes it usually reboots itself. I am not running maemo off an sd card.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Paris, France
I've had similar problems on my N810: when I get online after the device has been idle it sometimes freezes up and may even reboot. I suspect this may be due to the many process running when you get back online and you have new email. I would suggest to disable the led notifications (I find them a nuisance anyway). I did so yesterday and, for now, it seems to work. Hope it works for you too.

Regards,
Antonio

Will try. It has happened when I'm just using the browser, though.
very weird.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
this happens at times to me and I've just chalked it up to the fact that I'm booting from sd. I really don't have any evidence, but perhaps I need a better SD. Still, it seems to happen when I'm unable to plug it in. Not that it knows that I'm unable, but I'll go weeks without a crash, and then when I'm traveling and need to conserve battery, poof, I get a random reboot. Annoying.

Also, I only use browser and feedcircuit--never email apps--and this happens.