Active Topics

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
You are correct as to what the manual says. However, higher capacity Micro SDHC cards will work.

The manual says what it says because at the time it was written, 8 GB Micro SDHC cards were the highest capacity available. Nokia, unable to officially test and certify non-existent larger cards, erred on the side of caution.

It would have been nice if Nokia had included some statement that higher capacity, standards compliant cards should work, but have not been tested, blah, blah, blah, no guarantees. The very idea probably sets the legal department to twitching though, so instead there are now many, many N8x0 owners who falsely believe they're living under an 8 GB ceiling.
Sad but, true. Many companies do that I guess. Look at my old palm TX. The company's official statement were that is supported up to 2gb SD but, look at where SD cards are up to now, 32gb, and I have a 4gb in mine which as been working fine. I am sure those newest SDHC cards would work too. Though, maybe not the SCXCs coming out in the near future.

So is there a 32 or 16 gb micro sdhc card that is a class 4or 6? Would the speed of the N810 with an image booting from flash be faster then the built in 2gb flash or a slower micro sdhc card?

There currently is no 32gb microsd cards at all, and nothing above class 2 in the 16gb form factor. (at least that I last knew of).

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
There currently is...nothing above class 2 in the 16gb form factor.
SanDisk has the SDSDQ-016G-A11M, a 16 GB, class 4, Micro SDHC card. It commands a price significantly higher than class 2 cards of the same capacity.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
sjgadsby: Ah, then that's new. Last time I checked no class 4's were available.

FRZ: SDXC will be just like SDHC was when it comes out. Either the controller chip, or the bios/ios software will need to support the new file system and cell structure in order to properly read it. Then again, they may make them backwardly compatible. Who knows. They've done it before. But I think the nokia tablets will be able to handle them since, I believe, the supported formats are dependent on the IOS, and not the chipset itself.

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
sjgadsby: Ah, then that's new. Last time I checked no class 4's were available.

FRZ: SDXC will be just like SDHC was when it comes out. Either the controller chip, or the bios/ios software will need to support the new file system and cell structure in order to properly read it. Then again, they may make them backwardly compatible. Who knows. They've done it before. But I think the nokia tablets will be able to handle them since, I believe, the supported formats are dependent on the IOS, and not the chipset itself.
That will be good. After all, there are so many devices that uses sdhc with good specs that people are not gonna want to replaced for some time.

On another note, too bad that deal is gone. I was just about to take the plunge. I hope there another one soon cause I don't want settle for the 8gb, even though I can get three of them for the price of a 16gb.

There is a good deal I found at this website, $34.99

http://shop2.frys.com/product/584280...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Last edited by FRZ; 2009-03-18 at 03:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to FRZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Florida
Thanks frz thats even better than the first one! Lucky me they canned that last deal!

Originally Posted by sunnydips View Post
Thanks frz thats even better than the first one! Lucky me they canned that last deal!
I just made an order. I couldn't resist that one with free shipping.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Florida
That was a good find! I usually find my deals on fatwallet.com This 16gb will really help me out. I'm going big baby! YEahha!!!!