Active Topics

You'll notice it if you're doing video. But yeah, if you're not doing data intensive stuff, you won't notice it.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Florida
tbh its still sort of like magic to me... how do the put all that info on such a tiny device? magic thats how!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will seem as magic to a lesser advanced race."
- Isaac Asimov

haw haw :P

I ordered this on 3/5/09 and just got a message today 3/8/09 that the product is on back order. I wish it would have said that on their website... I wonder how long it will be before this thing gets to me.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Any sufficiently advanced technology ...
Small correction: This was an observation of Arthur C. Clarke's and is widely known as Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

We've definitely witnessed a myriad of such instances resulting from the micro-miniaturization of chips.

Roger

Ok, my bad. I thought it was Asimov. ^_^;;

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
I thought it was Asimov.
Nope. Asimov is the Three Laws of Robotics (plus the Zeroth Law), limericks, and an inability to write women.

boy am i behind the times, the manual on the n810 reads 8 gig max, am i wrong? and classes for sdhc cards? ignorant kmowledge to me, googling now.....any further input would be nice to come back to after my research.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by saruji View Post
...the manual on the n810 reads 8 gig max, am i wrong?
You are correct as to what the manual says. However, higher capacity Micro SDHC cards will work.

The manual says what it says because at the time it was written, 8 GB Micro SDHC cards were the highest capacity available. Nokia, unable to officially test and certify non-existent larger cards, erred on the side of caution.

It would have been nice if Nokia had included some statement that higher capacity, standards compliant cards should work, but have not been tested, blah, blah, blah, no guarantees. The very idea probably sets the legal department to twitching though, so instead there are now many, many N8x0 owners who falsely believe they're living under an 8 GB ceiling.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: