Dug around a little and sorry if I missed a similar question, but I have a 770 and for all intents and purposes forgot about it. I charged it up again and cannot get the WIFI to work. I have a WEP protected network and it will not see it. It detects no networks. I have changed the channel and reflashed to original firmware but I have nothing. Is there a hard reset or another way to test the wifi? I have also seen the HE is up to 2008 but what is the highest OS the 770 will run and did anyone ever get Flash 9 to run on it? Again, sorry if these are dead horses but I would like to use this traveling again.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to poppaearl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
try these:

1. go to "connectivity settings"
2. chose "connections"
3. select and delete all connections you have in there

done!

try to re-connect and enter your wifi connections again.

it happened to me once but after I did the above I have had no problems since.

After I reflashed I had and still have no connections at all. When I go to make a new one, it scans for networks and finds nothing. This is sitting right next to a wap that a wii and chumby see without fault.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
I am replying to this post because I had exactly the same issue that you are facing now.

I do not know how your Wireless network ( with WEP) is setup. Normally if the Wireless network is setup with hidden SSID then the Nokia 770 may not see it at easily.

An SSID ( Service Set Identifier ) is the public name of a wireless network. All of the wireless devices on a WLAN must employ the same SSID in order to communicate with each other. So first I think that you should make sure that your wireless Network is not setup to hide the SSID. Only when the SSID is broadcast , will it be seen by the Nokia 770.

I have a similar situation at my work as well. We have multiple networks. I cannot see one Network ( this has hidden SSID) but I see the others. The hidden network only works with my Work laptop. This is because at my work they have employed MAC filtering to stop unauthorized access to the company network. My Nokia 770 connects ( internet, email, surfing etc. ) easily with other networks within and at my work.

You should perhaps also drive around your town with the fully charged Nokia 770 and see if you get Wi-fi signals (of any strength )on it. This should eliminate the doubt whether it is your Nokia 770 at fault.

I think that it may also help to download the OS2006 patch that has been made available here at this website. The name of this patch is cx3110x-hotfix-bug2006.

Good Luck ! !

Last edited by Arjun; 2009-01-18 at 02:55.

We are all in the same boat. There is a bug in the Wifi driver of 770 that will not find any AP if there's a 802.11n AP in the proximity. It doesn't seem anybody, including Nokia, is interested in fixing it.

See the following:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=21797

Some people have some success in the body shielding method.

The Following User Says Thank You to littlestone For This Useful Post: