Active Topics

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Hello, I have a N800, and installed Deblet with LXDE using the Deblet project homepage's instructions. All went well (after a few tries). I was wondering if there is a way to have the Deblet's keyboard 'pop-up' when cliking in a text field - similar to the behaviour of the native OS2008? I know that there is a hardware key combo you can use in qole's Easy Debian Turbo that accomplishes this - is there a Deblet equivalent? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Hill of Doom - Pacific NW
I'm curious about this as well, is there a way I can at least assign one of the hardware buttons (like the middle key in the d-pad) to pull up the keyboard?

I think xbindkeys is the software you want to look into..

http://www.linux.com/feature/59494

See if that helps. I don't have deblet operational anymore so I can't make an example for you but I'll try and help if you have any questions.

This won't make it "pop up" when you click on a text field... but you can tie the matchbox-keyboard to a key, like the middle button.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
Sorry for raising this question again, but I meet similar problem.
I have N800 and have Deblet with Gnome installed on it.
My problem is that when I start some application that require super user privileges I am not able to enter root password.
Of course I still can use command line for execution of applications that require root access, but it will be nice if there have some way to open on screen keyboard when entering of password is expected.

This is somehow related to general Gnome usability and accessibility.

Regards,
Dobri