Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Moscow, Russia
Ou.. it seems I installed some newer libraries in my development environment that aren't present on devices. And actually aren't required, I installed them for another project. So I need to clean dev environment and rebuild packages, this will take some time, sorry.

I reuploaded webkit-eal package, recompiled it with right libraries, now it should work!

Last edited by pronvit; 2008-12-31 at 21:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pronvit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Yep, thank you, works brilliantly here.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Hmm, I can't scroll down. When I use my finger up to down it scrolls from left to right instead. Using your latest 0.8 webkit.

I installed the 6 webkit debs from the first post on my n800. The Install went ok. But now I notice when I go to application manager to check for updates to my installed apps, its listing SSU 5.2008.43.7 with a broken status. When i click on info its telling me that its broken and cannot install because the following application packages are missing:
browser-eal (=0.0.9-8
microb-eal (=0.3.7-1.21)
tablet-browser-daemon (=0.0.13)

I already installed this latest ssu for diablo a couple of weeks ago and its working fine so I know that it does not need to be installed. But I cant get this out of my software list in app manager. Is there a way for me to clear this broken SSU update from my list?
Is there a way for me to "undue" the webkit install to clear this?
Thanks

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Hmm, I can't scroll down. When I use my finger up to down it scrolls from left to right instead. Using your latest 0.8 webkit.
On my N800 scrolling works.

Thanks again for this beautiful browser enhancement
I have one request, could you make the finger scrolling optional, please? I'd really like to have the scrollbars back, because it is much faster to jump to the bottom or top of the page. I usually use the scrollbar very often, especially in fora.

yes, i'll make finger scrolling optional. however I can't add menu item to browser UI to quickly toggle it, maybe I'll think of something else, eg. keyboard shortcut

supergadgetman, go to red pill mode, select to show all packages and from available packages install system software UNLOCKED package. found it? this will fix dependency errors.

allnameswereout, and when moving finger from left to right? didn't you install any software for screen rotation or is there something else unusual with your system?

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by supergadgetman View Post
I installed the 6 webkit debs from the first post on my n800. The Install went ok. But now I notice when I go to application manager to check for updates to my installed apps, its listing SSU 5.2008.43.7 with a broken status. When i click on info its telling me that its broken and cannot install because the following application packages are missing:
browser-eal (=0.0.9-8
microb-eal (=0.3.7-1.21)
tablet-browser-daemon (=0.0.13)

I already installed this latest ssu for diablo a couple of weeks ago and its working fine so I know that it does not need to be installed. But I cant get this out of my software list in app manager. Is there a way for me to clear this broken SSU update from my list?
Is there a way for me to "undue" the webkit install to clear this?
Thanks
Install osso-software-rx44-unlocked with redpill-mode. unlocked software version allows you to use upgraded system packages like browser-things.

scrolling is not working here btw...

EDIT: scrooling works now

Last edited by meizirkki; 2008-12-31 at 22:52.

Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
EDIT: scrooling works now

what changed? I mean is scrolling isn't stable and doesn't work from time to time or now it's ok? I just need to know if I should try to find error in my code or no

Originally Posted by pronvit View Post
yes, i'll make finger scrolling optional. however I can't add menu item to browser UI to quickly toggle it, maybe I'll think of something else, eg. keyboard shortcut

supergadgetman, go to red pill mode, select to show all packages and from available packages install system software UNLOCKED package. found it? this will fix dependency errors.

allnameswereout, and when moving finger from left to right? didn't you install any software for screen rotation or is there something else unusual with your system?
Thanks for the reply. I am in red pill mode now and it lists 3 (three) OS2008 Feature upgrades. They all say (unlocked), but they have differnt sizes. 0.3 MB, 7 KB, and 8.0 MB. I tried to install, but all 3 give the same error that its unable to install due to conflicting application packages. The funny thing is that I have had this feature upgrade installed for two weeks already, and it installed fine. After installing the webkit debs application manager is telling me that I need to install the OS2008 feature upgrade again. Not sure what to do at this point.

Tags
browser, webkit