Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
it seems that font_size="nnn" where nnn is a number appropriate to you. does work for OSD items. but the osd boxes don't get bigger so you only see some of the now larger text.
this gives me hope that it's just a question of figuring out the config...

oh..and I just tried todays svn build...all the icons are working again so i can get out of menu again yay!, Things are all looking better. search still isn't working for me but hopefully that's just a minor thing to fix. I'm looking forward to being able to get home and start tweaking things myself.

For me, search works partially on my N810: it does not find all the cities I ask.
I'm using OpenStreetMaps bin file.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Toronto
dwould, are you saying the icons are ok from SVN but not ok from the download on my blog site?

Gerritv

gerritv- yes the icons did not work for me from your package. but they work from the svn builds here :http://download.navit-project.org/navit/n800/svn/

murphy, are you doing searches in the uk? i'm also using an osm file it works fine on ubuntu searching canterbury but not on the 810

Not the uk, I've loaded France.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Toronto
Click To Install for the current SVN build of Navit is now available at http://tech.visser-scully.ca under the N8x0 downloads page.
the first time you use this a message from Application Manager comes up asking if ok to Navit SVN Builds to the Catalogue. Then Navit installs.

One of the blog posts there also give a php code snippet in case your ISP (like mine) does not support mod-mime and custom mime-types. I added the snippet to WordPress Download Manager's download.php file. This is required for .install files, otherwise they serve with Content-Type=text/plain in place of application/x-install-instructions.

Last edited by gerritv; 2008-12-23 at 03:55.

Thanks, the repository works fine and I've updated my navit yesterday.

Is it possible on the n810 to have :
- the map moving with the cursor/vehicle centered ? (with follow=1, only the cursor is moving and the map refresh only when the cursor is out of screen ; when on edge we don't see much map forward)
EDIT : it's the refresh="1" option
- a 3D view ?
EDIT : you must use the "internal" gui

And a happy new year

Last edited by murphy; 2009-01-01 at 12:28.

finally got approval to start looking at navit properly. I've got things building but the deb pacakging step fails due to /debian/navit/usr/local/share/applications/hildon/navit.desktop not being there. the file does exist one level up in applications. I'll keep looking but any tips would be appreciated.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I've been playing with this for the last week or two. It keeps getting better with each svn release. Is there an updated libgarmin svn?

Any way to change the font size in the osd for next turn, eta, etc? Also for street names?