Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2008 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by peterbird View Post
I agree wonderful app but without auto connection not yet practical on our htpc. Anybody got this working somehow. BlueMaemo works wonderful on my htpc except for the connect issue. If I could solve that it would sure become my default controller.

thanks,

peter
Same situation here. It works great with my HTPC but i uninstalled it after a day since it would not reconnect. Still waiting for the next version that will implement this feature.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bay area, CA // Kampala, Uganda
Hey so...I just tried it on my Mac and it worked beautifully...I just had to lie to it and say the question mark was to the left of right shift.

Did something change? Is my Mac just special?

EDIT: Keyboard and mouse work fine. Connection must be initiated from the machine (as expected). The only drawback so far is that I'm unsure if it's possible/how to send a Command key with it, as lot's of things are easier with that key...I think Macs treat Meta/Windows keys as Cmd, so not sure if the N810/Bluemaemo can send it.

Otherwise, though it's great. Works well for FrontRow, and saved me buying an Apple Remote.

Last edited by phutterman; 2008-12-22 at 08:12. Reason: Further thoughts.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bhaskarm View Post
Same situation here. It works great with my HTPC but i uninstalled it after a day since it would not reconnect. Still waiting for the next version that will implement this feature.
I will try to implement the reconnection feature ASAP, right now I'm swamped with University assignments

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by phutterman View Post
Hey so...I just tried it on my Mac and it worked beautifully...I just had to lie to it and say the question mark was to the left of right shift.

Did something change? Is my Mac just special?

EDIT: Keyboard and mouse work fine. Connection must be initiated from the machine (as expected). The only drawback so far is that I'm unsure if it's possible/how to send a Command key with it, as lot's of things are easier with that key...I think Macs treat Meta/Windows keys as Cmd, so not sure if the N810/Bluemaemo can send it.

Otherwise, though it's great. Works well for FrontRow, and saved me buying an Apple Remote.
Humm, it seems that you are the first guy that successfully connect BlueMaemo to a Mac machine .
Which version of Mac OS are you using ?
Can you explain the steps that you done, in order to help other Mac users ?

Best regards,

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
In my S60 phone (Nokia E71) I have BlueTooth set up (they can tether, send/receive files, use GPS). Now I fire up wireless keyboard on the phone. BlueTooth is enabled. Then it says. Cannot connect. And BlueMaemo always says waiting for connection. What am I doing wrong?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bay area, CA // Kampala, Uganda
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been busy.

I connected it to my machine (white MacBook) running 10.5.6, uh, normally.

FWIW, I hadn't previously paired the MacBook and the N810.

I just tried it again from scratch, and the steps to do so are as follows:

1. Turn bluetooth on on both devices. Set the N810 discoverable.
2. In the Mac Bluetooth menu (ie, from the menu bar) click "Set Up Bluetooth Device."
3. On the N810, start BlueMaemo.
4. On the Mac, it will ask what type of device. I chose "Any Device." It will search; choose the N810 and enter a passkey. Shortly, the passkey dialog should appear in front of BlueMaemo on the N810. Enter your passkey.
5. Click "Continue" on the Mac dialog box. It may ask you if you want to use the N810 as a headest (why?) or a remote control for the computer. I left remote control checked but unchecked headset.

I think that pretty much does it. The first time I did it (I think maybe I chose "Keyboard" instead of "Any Device") it went and asked me to hit the key to the right of the left shift and the left of the right shift (to which I pressed Z and ? on the N810 keyboard). This second time, starting again from scratch, it didn't, but both keyboard and mouse work fine.

To reconnect it, you have to first start BlueMaemo then click on the Mac Bluetooth menu and go N810 > Connect.

I hope this helps other Mac users out there to use this awesome program!

Thanks for writing it! It saved me buying an Apple Remote and it's WAY cooler...Now I just wish I could make my own layouts for it (I want one to control Logic/Garageband!).

EDIT - noticed one thing, not sure if this is normal or not. When in the Keyboard view with the onscreen keyboard and small mousing area, both OSK and N810 hard keyboard work. But in any of the other views (eg, the bigger mousing area view), the hard keyboard doesn't work. Is this just me? Or is this just how it works for the moment? If so, that would be a great improvement, so we 810 users could make the most of both screen and keyboard.

Last edited by phutterman; 2008-12-31 at 08:47.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phutterman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
In my S60 phone (Nokia E71) I have BlueTooth set up (they can tether, send/receive files, use GPS). Now I fire up wireless keyboard on the phone. BlueTooth is enabled. Then it says. Cannot connect. And BlueMaemo always says waiting for connection. What am I doing wrong?
BlueMaemo doesn't work with the Nokia S60 Bluetooth HID keyboard app

Is there going to be the revision in BlueMaemo which will allow reconnect option ?
I thought the developer was going to bring out the version with reconnect option - been quite a long wait now ...

Without the reconnect option BlueMaemo is not really exploring its full potential.

Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Is there going to be the revision in BlueMaemo which will allow reconnect option ?
I thought the developer was going to bring out the version with reconnect option - been quite a long wait now ...

Without the reconnect option BlueMaemo is not really exploring its full potential.
I'm full of university assignments . I only have some spare time to work in BlueMaemo in the beginning of February.

This appeared in my Mac directions post above, but is (I think) worth re-asking:

Is it normal/expected behavior that the N810 hard keyboard doesn't work when the program is in the mouse mode?

If it is, that's a change I would suggest; that way those of us with hard keyboards can make the most of the screen/keyboard real estate. If not, then something isn't working. Now, when it's in keyboard mode, where there's a small mousing area and an on-screen keyboard, the hardware keyboard also works, but half of the screen is wasted with the (very nice) on-screen keyboard.

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid