Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by gnuite
I'll see if I can verify and fix this. Thanks!
let me know if you can't verify it, I'll give you any relevant information you may need: I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong.
I've considered this, and I'll try to implement it soon; there are just some issues I need to work out first (e.g. what if multiple routes are loaded? what if the route file is gone? etc.)
Very good news. Of course I think you'll manage the code in order to reload all the (multiple) routes, skipping any "gone" route file ;)
This would be difficult given the current implementation, plus it's hard to do while driving, plus it gets in the way of the context-sensitive "click-and-hold" menu, plus it's strenuous on the screen (can create scratches, especially if done while driving). I've been meaning to investigate this, but there are more pressing things (like bugs) that I need to work out...
I understand the coding difficulty, and agree with your points. I am the first who would have asked an implementation like that you've done if it was already done the way I've asked for ;) However, if ever you'll try to evaluate this addition, let it be an addition: from the menu, let the user quickly choose and change the "pan mode" he wants to use in that moment.
It is not (yet) open source, but the functionality it performs may soon be moved to Maemo Mapper itself (if I can work out the string parsing issues efficiently enough).
Good news these too. Thanks for all!

Freshly flashed Nokia 770 (os 2006): maemo mapper v1.2.3 fails to launch! Did install thru app manager, from maemo garage repository... no other apps installed... any suggestions about what may be happening?

-- Denis

To everyone who has cleared their configuration and is now getting a segfault on startup with Maemo Mapper v1.2.3: please try typing the following commands (exactly as they appear - use copy/paste) into an xterm.
Code:
gconftool-2 -s -t string "/apps/maemo/maemo-mapper/units" "km"
gconftool-2 -s -t string "/apps/maemo/maemo-mapper/escape_key" "Toggle Tracks"
Then try starting Maemo Mapper. Let me know if this has any effect.
Thanks gnuite, this worked for me, too. MM 1.2.3 did not start even if gconftool-2 -a "/apps/maemo/maemo-mapper" output was nothing.

Originally Posted by delaroca
Freshly flashed Nokia 770 (os 2006): maemo mapper v1.2.3 fails to launch! Did install thru app manager, from maemo garage repository... no other apps installed... any suggestions about what may be happening?
You might want to try the above trick, if this does not solve the problem for you.

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset "/apps/maemo/maemo-mapper"

-Paavo

Great work!!

I upgraded from mm1.1, needed those gconf commands as well to get around the segfault, and now I'm happy with this new version doing all that the modified versions of Cesary and Armin were doing, - no more switching between versions, great!

I have two feature requests:
1 - can the height info be added to the track trk output/file? This would be really great for hiking (I live in Switzerland, incertainty of height data of a few dozen meters doesn't matter so much around here)
2 - could the precision of the fix be shown in the gps info screen somehow? Either just the xDOP values or maybe a bar or line that changes in size to indicate the fix precision...?

Is there a way to capture all data between n770 and bt gps? In that case I can take care of no 1 myself...
I tried cat /dev/rfcomm0 but it blocks the device/system from functioning properly....

Originally Posted by Paavo
You might want to try the above trick, if this does not solve the problem for you.

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset "/apps/maemo/maemo-mapper"

-Paavo
Thanks, Paavo. I did the above plus setting the units and escape_key options... mapper now launches succesfully.

-- Denis

Now that this initialization stuff seems well defined, can it be incorporated into the release deb?

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
is it possible to generate GPX that excludes highways?

Originally Posted by j.pickens
Now that this initialization stuff seems well defined, can it be incorporated into the release deb?
Yes, I'm making a release soon.

Originally Posted by ilia
is it possible to generate GPX that excludes highways?
Unfortunately, no. The directions are based on those from Google Maps, which does not offer an "exclude-highways" option (or any options, for that matter).

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
is it possible to interface with mapquest to generate GPX?