Active Topics

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by TokyoDan View Post
I wonder if there are any detailed maps of Tokyo, the one on the maemo mapper site wasn't very detailed.
Google maps (maps.google.com) seem pretty detailed? (Texts are in Japanese, which I do not understand...) You can use Google maps in MaemoMapper.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Tokyo, Japan
How? Do u happen to know of a tutorial about how to do this.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by TokyoDan View Post
How? Do u happen to know of a tutorial about how to do this.
George Fragos has made great tutorial for MaemoMapper. Details how to add new map repositories can be found:
http://fragostech.com/MaemoMapper/#repoman

Look down until you see the "Download" section.

EDIT: Once you find that magic "Download" button in MaemoMapper it will download you several map repositories, including Google maps. You can then later delete the ones you are not using. Also, if you plan on saving maps on the device you may want to change the default map database file location to memory card.

Last edited by Mara; 2008-11-22 at 01:12.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Tokyo, Japan
Thanks a lot for your help mara. I'm going tyo check all of this out.
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
George Fragos has made great tutorial for MaemoMapper. Details how to add new map repositories can be found:
http://fragostech.com/MaemoMapper/#repoman

Look down until you see the "Download" section.

EDIT: Once you find that magic "Download" button in MaemoMapper it will download you several map repositories, including Google maps. You can then later delete the ones you are not using. Also, if you plan on saving maps on the device you may want to change the default map database file location to memory card.