Notices

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Thanks Handful for all the hard work, and for fighting our corner. It's hard to ditch hard work that someone has completed, which is no good, or takes you down the wrong road - been through something similar at work myself.

Only thing is I managed to lose my canola DB when running cleanup.

Also - is there any sign of a Video podcast plugin, as that would make my media live complete!

thanks

gary

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Gary,

thanks for the support. In a free product those are the things that make us go ahead.

Anyhow : We are still having small issues uploading the packages, and we wanted to make sure things are solid on track to put the new plugins back on track as well.

To be really honest : to enabled video podcast is just to add a couple of lines in the podcast, it is just a matter of getting things in the line

Let me know if anything else goes wrong so we can fix it !

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handful View Post
I kind of feel the same as said here, that the tablet software is "kind" of stopped, but We are at least trying to do our part. There's a couple of nice plans, but we are only 6 and a half people working on canola (now) it was way less before. So it's not fair to charge more than we can do, and we do that for free. We are going to deploy the full source, but being honest.. I don't believe the tablet devs will pick up and help it. Anyhow We are following a "dream" of having a "Canola2" non beta release where the basic features are rock solid and from there we are just going to make sure things are clear and clean for the users.
Handful don't get me wrong here: I *REALLY* appreciate the work you are doing with Canola. It is by far the best third-party app for the tablets and I love it.

But when I say I feel disappointed, I'm talking about the platform in general and its future. The tablet software development is dying and I feel very sad about that...

Hi amigokin,

Yes I got your message it was me also feeling little disappointed. I have been using the G1 phone, the IPhone and other linux products, and to be in the tablet for so long and not seeing a good evolution towards a great product makes me sad as well.

I wish we had more work force to do more things, for sure we could help the tablets a lot. BUT it doesn't depend on us

At least I can say that we are still doing work, the problem now is that our "paid" job focus changed a little bit to the future tablets (maemo5?) and that makes Canola suffers a little bit.

Marcelo

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I'm still using a Chinook version, since the Diablo version did not have support for ogg files. Is this actually true?

Kling : the support is there. there's a full thread on this

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
The aspect ratio problem is from multiple saved .flv files from various sources.

In the framed viewer window it seems to stretched to fit.

In full-screen view the aspect ratio is correct.

@rdcinhou : yeah, it doesn't matter the source, .flv files are only played through mplayer, and mplayer cannot determine the aspect ratio with one opening. Some apps are opening the file twice to make it right, we've sent the patch to fix this but it seems it's not fully fixed.

: /

anyhow thanks for letting us now, as we will try to push this fix again,

Marcelo

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by handful View Post
mplayer cannot determine the aspect ratio with one opening.
No, it can. It reports the size after opening and you can resize the video window accordingly without having to open the video twice. It works well. I'm doing it this way.

Hi pycage, then we need to fix. I am outdated in that issue than, and I believe you have used it quite a lot as well. So I remove my previous comment poor mplayer getting the blame from me

Thanks py.