Originally Posted by tso View Post
i wonder, is there a central forum for competing products where people pop in and talk about why they got their N8*0 rather then product x? or is this a ITT fenomena?
Check out Canon forum at http://www.dpreview.com/ - it is full of people who "didn't buy a Canon" and are for some reason eager to tell everyone why. Often repetitively.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
DPreview is brand-agnostic though. ITT isn't; it is for and by ITT users.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I'd be very interested to know why this happens so often here on ITt. Is it entirely unique, or can you find it on Zaurus forums, or iPhone (spit!) forums?
It has been happening everyday on forums dedicated to the nokia communicators (which aren't that hot amy more, nowadays, indeed). It's part of the fun in my humble opinion, including interventions of trolls, fanboys and the so.
It's not compulsory to read all the threads, you see, so it's only a matter of ignoring them if they offend someone's sensibility.

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
DPreview is brand-agnostic though. ITT isn't; it is for and by ITT users.
Doesn't mean a thing, considering that the phenomenon is local to their Canon discussion forum. That place is pretty much brand-specific, although a lot of posters have non-Canon cameras as well.

PS: And please, don't forget the "I will not upgrade from X to X+1 because ..." variety

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I'd be very interested to know why this happens so often here on ITt.
I think it happens here because of the lack of new tablets from Nokia. In the meantime, people are going to talk about other products. As soon as there's tangible news about the N900, I'm sure the other discussions will plummet.

I've probably been one of the offenders, but I'll make sure to post those discussions only in the "Competitors" forum.

I also see the same thing in a forum for the LG Viewty phone. LG abandoned the users (there was never a single firmware update despite many bugs, nor did LG provide any useful support) and that forum is full of people wondering aloud about alternative products.

Regards,
Roger

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
.... LG abandoned the users (there was never a single firmware update despite many bugs, nor did LG provide any useful support)....
I apologize in advance for going a little off topic here but eiffel mentioned a noteworthy observation regarding LG.

I am glad eiffel used the words "LG abandoned the users", instead of writing "LG abandoned the customers". Eiffel, you expressed it precisely because LG's customer(s) are not the users, LG's customers are the telcos/carriers. Users wishes are down on the list of priorities below the telcos.

One of the things I love about the NiT is we are both the users and we are also the customers, and Nokia has our interests regarding tablets in mind (for now). I hope it stays this way but I am not optimistic.

Sorry for going off on a little tangent.

Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
I also see the same thing in a forum for the LG Viewty phone. LG abandoned the users (there was never a single firmware update despite many bugs, nor did LG provide any useful support)
Well, they should have known better when buying from LG. Pretty much the same goes for Samsung and Casio.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
It's not compulsory to read all the threads, you see, so it's only a matter of ignoring them if they offend someone's sensibility.
That's far too radical as a solution .