Active Topics

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Nantes (France)
Originally Posted by BanditRider
It worked for me.
Do you have other Application Manager issues?
Check the log.
Nothing special in the log...
Well, I've downloaded the package directly from the web repository, so it's OK now except that I still don't know what's wrong w/ my Apps Manager
Anyway, for what I've read and tested, sofsip doesn't work w/ my ISP (Free, in France, freephonie.net as domain). So I'm still looking for a SIP app for my N770

There is an error when i want to call someone.
i launch sofsip-cli with fsgst implementation and :
sofsip> UA: INVITE: 488 No vocodeur intersection

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
I tried a few things with Jonek's help but to no avail !
It looks like sofsip cannot negociate a codec with the french sip provider "free" !
I'll try a few other things in the meantime but
I'm waiting for tapioca with sip (telepathy)

Fred

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
I keep checking on Tapioca but there never seems to be any updates on the SIP portion of it. So I'm not sure about holding out any hope for that either. I'm just pretty surprised that if they were able to cram google talk in there, that they couldn't have put some other SIP solution in there as well. After all, if you google for 770 and SIP you get all kinda of hits with google talk in there. Lot of help that is.....

I've seen some that reference a third party you can register with, and use google talk and some sort of weird mis-mash. But thats not really what I want either. Just a simple, SIP client would be just about what I want. *sigh*

Kev

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Ignore this posting, see below - it works.

Originally Posted by teemu
Check this out. I haven't tested it myself but it is a command line SIP client for 770 implemented using Nokia's own Sofia SIP stack.

- Teemu
Thx, I got it working - kind of. I can answer incoming calls, but I'm unable to make an outgoing call.
There are a lot of GLIB debug messages which I cant interpret; the one that repeat are "No RTP destination available" and "Unresolvalble destination".

I'm using the SIP-URL the I type into all of my softphones, so I think there's nothing wrong with it. Pity

Last edited by benny1967; 2006-10-25 at 15:57.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
I was able to get both incoming and outgoing working, but that text interface is pretty harsh. What about dtmf tones? It makes a barely usable client but I suppose thats something. What I'm really wondering if the CLI is there, and the libraries as well, couldn't something like this be done in ruby, or even a curses interface? Something needs to keep it registering and on the server like a real client. If I had any real code skills at all I'd be doing something. But a bad package manager still manages to stump me for days. So it appears I'm relegated to waiting on someone to release a better SIP interface.......

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by benny1967
Thx, I got it working - kind of. I can answer incoming calls, but I'm unable to make an outgoing call.
There are a lot of GLIB debug messages which I cant interpret; the one that repeat are "No RTP destination available" and "Unresolvalble destination".
I have to correct my own message so it doesnt scare off others
It does work on my 770. The Problem was not with the Software but with my router being misconfigured (I had done all the ugly port forwarding stuff months before in a situation when it was safe to assume that only one PC in the network would ever run a SIP client).

A Telepathy (IM/VOIP framework user on the 770, see http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/) backend for SIP is being worked on by the Nokia Research team who works on Sofia SIP. See my post to the maemo-devel list for more details: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.h...784/focus=5794

Hi!

I see that several people have managed to get sofsip-cli to work with nokia 770. I have just purchased a nokia 770 and I am trying to get sofsip to work over ipv6. sofsip is ipv6 enabled and I am able to make a call to another PC-Based ipv6 sip client (Kphone).

When i call kphone, it rings and i can answer the call. However, I cant hear any sound. Just want to inquire if you guys did any other configuration appart from what is mentioned on http://jonek.hexbox.de/?p=43.

I really want to make this sip over ipv6 work. Any assistance would be appreciated.

shariq

hello, im using this plugin to the bult in messenger client on N800 so it Support
SIP, and it rely works http://rtcomm.garage.maemo.org/