Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
... yeah, I dunno, I went back to my Debian version and did my work there...

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I don't understand why Nokia made it so hard to port apps to the tablet. Under EasyDebian, GParted has nice small fonts, tap-and-hold right-click, pop-up keyboard, and full-screen. Under Maemo, the fonts are so huge that the layout is mashed up and kludgy, and most users aren't going to have the Easy Debian usability hacks, so they won't have any way to right-click, pull up a virtual keyboard or make the app fullscreen. I am really beginning to see why devs are so loathe to "hildonize" their apps. What a lot of frustrating work!

Anyway, thanks for your effort, penguinbait. If you think this port/hack is worth it (and I'm just being too cynical), I'll try beta-testing some more.
Mine shows up with small fonts and works very well????
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

This is your picture, but this is what it looks like when I run it????

To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-11-04 at 17:58.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
This is your picture, but what it -ooks likke when I rub it????
Um, what did you say?

Um, what did you say?

This is your picture, but this is what it looks like when I run it????

Uh, um, I, a oh, hmmm

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
That is very interesting, since it didn't look like that when I installed it in Maemo. It had the big clunky Maemo fonts... I have freshly flashed my tablet, I'll install again and we'll see.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Very interesting. Installed it again on a nice clean reflash, and it looks correct; all the fonts are small this time.

A problem, however: All of my ext2 partitions have "!" beside them, and when I get details, it says:

! WARNING:

e2label: error while loading shared libraries: libext2fs.so
open shared object file: No such file or directory

Very interesting. Installed it again on a nice clean reflash, and it looks correct; all the fonts are small this time.

A problem, however: All of my ext2 partitions have "!" beside them, and when I get details, it says:

! WARNING:

e2label: error while loading shared libraries: libext2fs.so
open shared object file: No such file or directory
Where do you see the "!" I do not have labels, I labeled my partition, but I see no problem.

If I open xterm and run

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/GPARTED/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export PATH="/usr/GPARTED/bin:$PATH"
e2lable

it works fine.

Set Partition Label "qole" on /dev/mmcblk0p4 00:00:03 ( SUCCESS )

calibrate /dev/mmcblk0p4 00:00:01 ( SUCCESS )

path: /dev/mmcblk0p4
start: 3646755
end: 3919859
size: 273105 (133.35 MiB)
Set partition label to "qole" on /dev/mmcblk0p4 00:00:01 ( SUCCESS )

e2label /dev/mmcblk0p4 "qole"

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-11-04 at 23:26.

Qole, try installing e2fsprogs, see if that fixes your issue

First I couldn't find e2fsprogs. Turns out they are in Chinook repository, not Diablo.

I removed gparted-hack, with the thought that I'd install e2fsprogs first, then I changed my mind and decided I wanted to have gparted-hack installed, just to see what happened when I tried to install e2fsprogs after gparted-hack.

That's when I found that my mmc cards were no longer visible! I must have to reboot to see them again....?

So I downloaded the .deb again, this time into my Documents folder, and installed it.

Then I added the Chinook repository and installed e2fsprogs.

Ran Gparted. Usual error (with maemo gparted only) about memory card being corrupted.

Hooray, all ! are gone. That was it; I didn't have e2fsprogs installed. Add that to dependencies.

EDIT: Why can't my tablet find e2fsprogs for diablo, when it is right here? Why does it not show up until I add chinook?

EDIT2: Aha, it ISN'T there, only the diff.gz and .dsc files are there, no .deb!

Last edited by qole; 2008-11-05 at 00:14.

First I couldn't find e2fsprogs. Turns out they are in Chinook repository, not Diablo.

I removed gparted-hack, with the thought that I'd install e2fsprogs first, then I changed my mind and decided I wanted to have gparted-hack installed, just to see what happened when I tried to install e2fsprogs after gparted-hack.

That's when I found that my mmc cards were no longer visible! I must have to reboot to see them again....?

So I downloaded the .deb again, this time into my Documents folder, and installed it.

Then I added the Chinook repository and installed e2fsprogs.

Ran Gparted. Usual error (with maemo gparted only) about memory card being corrupted.

Hooray, all ! are gone. That was it; I didn't have e2fsprogs installed. Add that to dependencies.

EDIT: Why can't my tablet find e2fsprogs for diablo, when it is right here? Why does it not show up until I add chinook?

EDIT2: Aha, it ISN'T there, only the diff.gz and .dsc files are there, no .deb!
OK, I will update the deb again to fix the e2fsprogs isssue again. Its always something. So its working well now? Let me know if you have any other issues...

Are your cards available after running gparted? They should remount when its complete..

Tags
debian, gparted, hacked, qole