Active Topics

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Hello friends,

my school has a username and password which i need to input everytime i connect to the internet. is there any way i can set up something so that it autologins without me pressing login?
i mean as soon as i come to the vicinity of the schools wifi i need to autologin without pressing anything.
Interestingly when i use my n95 it does not ask for the username and password. it just directly logs in
The schools wifi is not security encrypted.

thanks

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
how is that login performed?

website?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
sounds like they're running a proxy server that you need to log in with...

is it via a web page? you can probably run a script, based on the SSID, and have it log you in automatically... check out the tools mentioned in this thread

Last edited by briand; 2008-10-24 at 18:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to briand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
yes. my tablet automatically connects to the ap. but gtalk does not connect and the gree light keeps blinking. when i open a web page the page rediredts to the school's page and the i press login where my user and pass are already stored in microb.

but the surprising thing is.... when i choose the ap via my n95 in any app which needs network connection it just logs on without asking to logon.
what is different in the n95?

thanks

I'm guessing that your school has loads of blocks. I'm lucky enough to have the staff proxy with mine, the student one needed a login everytime (as do the Windows PCs there) and was quite a pain. Not being able to connect to Gtalk is unsurprising... all the ports for apps like that and MSN and such are blocked with the student proxy at my school.

Oh,you could try this proxy, it seems to be a pretty generic one that I've used to get pretty high up access with many different networks using proxies:

Proxy: 10.0.0.27
Port number: 3128

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
You might try Devicescape (https://my.devicescape.com/).